'Fess up, guys. Or gals. - Page 14
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

'Fess up, guys. Or gals.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2013, 06:49 PM   #131
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 3388 Times on 2291 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Originally Posted by Rick1967
I only buy when I know it wont affect the household budget. I am not going to let my wife's car break down because I wanted a new pistol. But with that kind of thinking I can buy whatever I want. I let her do the same. But she is feeling bad about a gun that I wanted. We were looking for her 22 mag revolver for quite a while. She has her permit and carries regularly. But she said that she would only carry a 22 mag because she wanted something super light, but with low recoil. I was just glad that she carried. I was at a gun store and saw a stainless compact 1911 with crimson trace grips. I also saw the 22 mag J-frame. She knew I wanted the 1911. I had been searching for one. She told me to buy the 1911. I chose to buy her gun instead. The 1911 was used. They were about the same price. The next day she insisted I go back and buy the 1911. It was gone. She has been reminding me that she owes me a gun ever since.
My DW is very much the same way! We were out yesterday(I marched in a local Memorial Day Parade, then we took a drive East towards the New Mexico Border (the towns of Strawberry, Pine, and Payson Az.) didn't get to shoot at the outdoor range, but went to two Fairs, (saw a great buncha Old time steam engines too!) and we went Into a small local Gun shop, DW saw the Single action .22 she wanted(she already has a .22 Mag. for back up a Ruger LCR,) and I saw a used Kel-Tec .22 Mag Auto(new It's going for well over a Grand here!) for $750, but her single action was considerably less, so thats what we brought home...we did finally get enough ammo for us to take the Class next month! Found .38 158 Gr LRN's for $20 a Box! she got 200 Rds!, I saw the Remington Ball for $21 a Box(still a far cry from the $13 a box for PMC Bronze I was paying last Year!) and scored 200 more,..plus 2 boxes of Hornady Critical def. in .9mm...when we get home she thanks me profusely and says " I know we needed the Ammo for the class. I was willing to not get the single action.." I said " it's Ok,..next month Will be my turn!" Her regular carry is the .38 LCR...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
Old 05-27-2013, 03:36 AM   #132
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 649 Times on 426 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

My wife knows I have guns,but no idea how many or what kind. I never say how much some of the handguns, rifles, or scopes cost,I do say if something happens to me don't sell the scopes on the rifles