'Fess up, guys. Or gals. - Page 10
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

'Fess up, guys. Or gals.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2013, 11:24 PM   #91
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4452 Times on 2477 Posts
Likes Given: 194

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpossum View Post

I don't lie to her about it . . . I just sort neglect to mention some purchases.
I think you forgot to read the post about sins of omission and sins of commission. That would fit into the category of sins of omission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post

I'm pretty sure Cinder will be dragging me to the gun store more often than I drag her there...
I have a problem, I'll admit it, I have no intentions of doing anything about it either :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaySendero View Post

JYJ, No kidding - That just happened to me, too!!!

Had a 1942 M70 Winchester follow me home from deer camp in January.
Now she wants to shoot it and start hunting.
I'll give her this - She has good taste!
Trip may find his guns being "borrowed" more frequently when I move in...

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.
DrumJunkie Likes This 
Old 05-20-2013, 11:42 PM   #92

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

You're welcome to use any of my three guns you want, anytime you want, and for however long you want...

Old 05-21-2013, 02:49 AM   #93
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3382 Times on 2288 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie
I've seen nothing good abut the zip 22's
What have you Heard? too bad....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 05-21-2013, 08:29 AM   #94

Liked 206 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 164

I don't know if it's age or what, when we were married 29 years ago, my wife was totally anti-gun, no guns in the house. I sold off all that I had about 10 of them. That was due more for financial reasons than fear of a divorce. I had been shooting since 1964. To make a long story short, about 9 years ago I got into reloading for a 45 ACP I purchased on sale and that was the first problem, like they say don't take that first drink or you'll finish the bottle. Well nine years later and about 35 purchases (I have sold 10 of those off) my collection is what I want and shoot all the time (When I can find time to do so), I have a different strategy that works well.

"ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH SINCE NO ONE WILL BELIEVE YOU ANYWAYS", if you don't have to make up a lie you won't get caught up in it and have to remember which lie you told. And I reload for 13 different calibers now.

No, she is still anti-gun but the solution was a MARITAL tax on each purchase. It generally runs between $200 to $600 on each purchase. I support her collect of antiques and she supports my collection of firearms.
Our house looks like a painting gallery with no uncovered wall space and a collection of dolls and statutes and nick knacks that could fill 5 houses.

So when sitting at my computer, she comes up and says I should go out and get another gun, I know she wants to buy something that is just not for everyday use. (for her collection)

I ALWAYS take her with me when I purchase a new toy (kind of like a good luck charm), that way she knows what the MARITAL tax should be. Purchased 3 this year so far but the total number will depend on what she comes across next that she must have. Me, I am running out of room in my two rifle cabinets and safe.

But I guess I can always find more room somewheres.
Jim

Last edited by bigjim; 05-21-2013 at 08:40 AM.
kfox75 Likes This 
Old 05-21-2013, 03:43 PM   #95

Liked 295 Times on 254 Posts

I don't keep girls very long, usually, or, rather, they don't keep me. I'm much like limbkiller in that I'm 100% open and honest with who, what and how I am, with everyone.

I've had a couple girls question the way I spend my money, and I told them pretty much the same thing as limb states,

"My bills are paid, our tummies are full, our bodies are clothed, you have a new purse and watch, and my 401k is only losing the damn money I'm putting in it, so my extra cash is mine to spend as I see fit."

Funny how they didn't question the way I spent it when buying them a new perfume, dress and purse just the week prior... Then again, perhaps I should stop dating these 20 something girls with delusions of grandeur and self importance.
kfox75 Likes This 
Old 05-21-2013, 10:58 PM   #96

Liked 1336 Times on 895 Posts
Likes Given: 857

See, my wife is just the opposite. She likes all that expensive stuff to be sure, but I have to talk her into it every time. With only about a 30 % success rate.....

Old 05-21-2013, 11:03 PM   #97

Liked 57 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

My wife hates guns, and wants to know nothing about them and does not want to see them and never asks anything about them. I just hope she does not go into the ammo closet and see what is there

As far as how many guns you should own, well you should only own what you need -- and we all know you Need one more than what you have at any time.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:16 PM   #98

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
See, my wife is just the opposite. She likes all that expensive stuff to be sure, but I have to talk her into it every time. With only about a 30 % success rate.....
When I was a teenager, I was watching TV with a girl. A commercial came on, and after watching it, she turns to me and says, "baby, I don't want a $2,500 tennis bracelet, please don't ever get me one."

I says to her... "I'm 16. My truck was pulled from a cornfield and given to me in exchange for removing it. I work for my dad at $10 an hour. You plan on going to college, and I plan on going to the Marines. You really think I would even consider dropping $2,500 on a bracelet for you, when neither of us is stupid enough to think we're going to spend the rest of our lives together? That's the kind of thing that 50 year anniversaries are made of, not what we have together."

Maybe that was a bit too harsh. But when you consider, I was more concerned with just simple companionship, and didn't even really have a sexual attraction to her (and as a 16 YEAR OLD BOY!), I knew we weren't really anything more than just buds. And no, I never did sleep with her, didn't have any desire to. And our relationship lasted about another month after that, until she decided to be with someone else. The last time I checked, she lives in a ramshackle shack that really should probably be condemned, alone, no kids, a job at a Sonic drive in. She's got a degree in whatever it is to be a vet tech.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:16 PM   #99

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
What have you Heard? too bad....
I have yet to see one that can shoot through a full mag without a few eject and/or feed issues. All that and they are fugly as hell.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:27 PM   #100
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4452 Times on 2477 Posts
Likes Given: 194

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post

When I was a teenager, I was watching TV with a girl. A commercial came on, and after watching it, she turns to me and says, "baby, I don't want a $2,500 tennis bracelet, please don't ever get me one."

I says to her... "I'm 16. My truck was pulled from a cornfield and given to me in exchange for removing it. I work for my dad at $10 an hour. You plan on going to college, and I plan on going to the Marines. You really think I would even consider dropping $2,500 on a bracelet for you, when neither of us is stupid enough to think we're going to spend the rest of our lives together? That's the kind of thing that 50 year anniversaries are made of, not what we have together."

Maybe that was a bit too harsh. But when you consider, I was more concerned with just simple companionship, and didn't even really have a sexual attraction to her (and as a 16 YEAR OLD BOY!), I knew we weren't really anything more than just buds. And no, I never did sleep with her, didn't have any desire to. And our relationship lasted about another month after that, until she decided to be with someone else. The last time I checked, she lives in a ramshackle shack that really should probably be condemned, alone, no kids, a job at a Sonic drive in. She's got a degree in whatever it is to be a vet tech.
What the hell is a tennis bracelet? And why would anyone spend that much money on jewelry?! You know what you could buy for $2500? Lots of stuff, that's what...

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.
clr8ter Likes This