Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   'Fess up, guys. Or gals. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/fess-up-guys-gals-90818/)

txpossum 05-17-2013 12:37 PM

'Fess up, guys. Or gals.

While my wife does not mind my interest in firearms, she has little herself. And, fortunately for me, one gun looks about the same as another to her. Whenever she asks how many guns I actually own, I mumble something, then make a comment like "I see you're wearing your fat pants again" which changes the subject fast. The next few minutes might not be the most pleasant, but sometimes sacrifices have to be made.

Because like my father, and his father before him, I sometimes sneak guns into the house without my spouses's knowledge. When asked about a particular gun, I've always had it "a while", even if I just bought it that morning.

But my wife thinks that you should have only as many guns as you need, while we all know it the correct standard is not need, but want.

Oh sure. She suspects. She more than suspects -- she knows. But she pretends not to, rather than face the truth . . . that she is married to a . . . gunbug. Someone who, no matter how hard they fight against temptation, will surrender to the siren song of blued steel and hardwood. So she pretends not to notice when I "casually" stroll in the door, with one hand unobtrusively clutching something hidden under my jacket and immediatly head to the basement.

Common' -- fess up here. Who else is guilty?

SigArmored 05-17-2013 12:46 PM

Guilty as charged.However I am a fortunate one being that my better half likes to shoot as much as I do.Well everything but my long guns.

1411 05-17-2013 12:48 PM

I'm in the same boat. Wish my wife would take more interest in firearms. Oh well, maybe she will once the little ones are older.

AR10 05-17-2013 12:51 PM

Look clueless up in the dictionary and a photo of my wife is definition #1. That does have some advantages.

racer_x 05-17-2013 12:55 PM

If I had the cash id be in that boat too. lol

SigArmored 05-17-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AR10 (Post 1249516)
Look clueless up in the dictionary and a photo of my wife is definition #1. That does have some advantages.

The best thing about that is more ammo for you also known as more range time :-)

JolietGunner 05-17-2013 01:35 PM

My wife hates that I have a gun.She dont want to see it or hear about it.If I spend a dime on the subject she gets pissy.

JW357 05-17-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JolietGunner (Post 1249539)
My wife hates that I have a gun.She dont want to see it or hear about it.If I spend a dime on the subject she gets pissy.

My wife is the exact opposite. She loves shooting. Even the long guns. I don't have to sneak. She lets me indulge my addiction.

txpossum 05-17-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JolietGunner (Post 1249539)

I think my wife's tolerance of my gun habit stems from the fact that, if it ever came to a choice between her and my guns, she's not real sure how she would come out.

txpossum 05-17-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWSchramm (Post 1249546)
My wife is the exact opposite. She loves shooting. Even the long guns. I don't have to sneak. She lets me indulge my addiction.

Sorta takes some of the fun out of it -- forbidden fruit is the sweetest.