Feg pa-63

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Feg pa-63

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2010, 05:29 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Default Feg pa-63

Hey everyone,

My fiancee recently decided shes interested in getting a gun to go threw her CCL classes.

After much debating and taking into consideration our price range, we finally decided on the FEG PA-63.

However, I am interested in what everyone here might think about it. What ammunition would you suggest for use as the primary defensive round, or as a plinking round? Where on earth can I pick up a holster (preferably ankle) that would be accomidating to this particular pistol?

Hopefully there will be a few FEG owners around who might give their .02

Thanks for any help!
BigByrd

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-14-2010, 01:06 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I've had a PA-63 and they have quite a bit of snap so they are a bit rough on the web between the forefinger and thumb ... also has a horrible trigger, typically around 10-12 pounds in double action, in single action (once the hammer is back) isn't bad the Polish P64 is much more civilized or you might even consider a Bersa Thunder for a little more money

Old 11-24-2010, 06:43 PM   #3

Likes Given: 1

Default Pa 63

I have a PA 63 as stated it has a bite. Also don't think you might look for a better place to carry it.

Old 11-24-2010, 10:34 PM   #4

If this will be for her class.I would steer clear of it. I have a friend that has one i hate the recoil and trigger pull. As stated the p64 or bersa would be a much better choice. But thats up to you but at least look at the other ones mentioned here i think you would like them.

Old 11-25-2010, 08:36 AM   #5

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by justdon View Post
If this will be for her class.I would steer clear of it. I have a friend that has one i hate the recoil and trigger pull. As stated the p64 or bersa would be a much better choice. But thats up to you but at least look at the other ones mentioned here i think you would like them.
Thanks for the reply.

It turns out we went the route of the Kel-Tec P11. How can you beat a life time warranty?

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 11-25-2010, 11:44 AM   #6

Good choice i didn't mention it but i have a kel-tec p40 and p32 love them both and they stand by their products.Good luck with it.

Newest Threads