Features you once liked - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Features you once liked

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2013, 12:56 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
Ambi safeties and front cocking serrations.
Oh excellent point on the front serrations, I've never liked those, who racks a slide from the front anyway? Lol

Old 05-27-2013, 01:18 AM   #12

Liked 30 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

My .40 cal S&W Sigma. have owned for about a year now and figured today I should take it to the range give it a workout. heaviest trigger of any handgun I own! this will need modification.

"It's Tommy this, and Tommy that, and 'chuck 'im out, the brute,' But it's 'Savior of his Country,' When the guns begin to shoot." Rudyard Kipling

Old 05-27-2013, 01:48 AM   #13

Liked 117 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by xring3 View Post
My .40 cal S&W Sigma. have owned for about a year now and figured today I should take it to the range give it a workout. heaviest trigger of any handgun I own! this will need modification.
My first pistol was a Sigma got it the day I turned 21. Sold it a month later. Havnt had a striker fired gun since. I've shot plenty but I just can't bring my self to buy another after the Sigma

Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. –Mark Twain

Old 05-27-2013, 04:37 PM   #14

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
I would really like to try that of an XDs or AMT Backup, to get a feel for any differences. I've handled both in shops, but never shot, and that's where the real feel comes in.
The grip safety on the XD-m is barely noticeable.

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Sonic82 Likes This 
Old 05-27-2013, 05:07 PM   #15

Liked 395 Times on 244 Posts
Likes Given: 6

magazine disconnect safety...we're told to treat every firearm as if it is loaded, even by the manufacturer, but then the same manufacturer comes along & tells us "if you have one in the chamber & drop the magazine, it's safe."

All I've had today is like 6 gummi bears & some scotch

DrumJunkie Likes This 
Old 05-27-2013, 08:36 PM   #16

Honestly, and not really a feature, but full size guns in general I find no value in, whatsoever. I prefer compact and sub by miles.

I once thought I'd love a 1911, but I realize now, that I really don't like them at all, at least not the overweight and oversized government models. Even commander is pushing it for me.

Old 05-27-2013, 09:01 PM   #17

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
Honestly, and not really a feature, but full size guns in general I find no value in, whatsoever. I prefer compact and sub by miles.

I once thought I'd love a 1911, but I realize now, that I really don't like them at all, at least not the overweight and oversized government models. Even commander is pushing it for me.
Full sized guns shine on the range and in combat, where size, weight, and concealability are not an issue. They aren't as valuable in a daily carry piece where a gun with comparable firepower can be had in a smaller package.

I carry a full size 1911 and used to carry a Smith and Wesson 65-3. I feel this qualifies me to make that assessment in my own opinion.

Old 05-27-2013, 09:27 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post

Full sized guns shine on the range and in combat, where size, weight, and concealability are not an issue. They aren't as valuable in a daily carry piece where a gun with comparable firepower can be had in a smaller package.

I carry a full size 1911 and used to carry a Smith and Wesson 65-3. I feel this qualifies me to make that assessment in my own opinion.
Oh of course Trip, if you're a handgun Hunter or competition shooter, a long barrel is great!

For me anything over 7" is too much and undesirable.

Old 05-27-2013, 10:16 PM   #19

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I have no problem with a Gov framed 1911 for carry. It's all about having a good belt and holster. I will say though that I've been around 1911's form when I was a kid till now so maybe I just don't notice the weight and size.

I'm not a fan of any poly framed striker fired pistols. I've owned several and really did try to like them. They just feel funky to me. So it's not that I think they are crap or anytihng. I just think they feel like a toy in my hands. I don't mind alloy framed guns but I really do like the4 all steel, show me the hammer handgun.

I'm not a fan of the poly stock either. They do have use to me though. I just can't bring myself to paint a wood stock so if I'm wanting some painted thing I"ll get something with a poly stock. I won a few poly stock long guns but every one of them would look better to me with some nice wood. It's a sign of the times I guess. I grew up in the day when guns where made from steel and wood. Back when I was a kid plastic was used in all that made in Japan junk. Now days made in Japan is not too bad a thing. So, maybe I'm just getting old.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-28-2013, 01:26 AM   #20

Liked 181 Times on 134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis
Smokeless powder and self-contained metallic cartridges. The novelty wears off... I still think they're a passing fad.
That's why this is my edc piece. Can't seam to find a serpa for it though
image-3942345929.jpg