father son bonding - Page 3

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > father son bonding

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2013, 10:21 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneam2006
My 3 year old with his first by himself fish.
Well your 3 year old has caught more fish than I have.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:01 PM   #22

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneam2006
My 3 year old with his first by himself fish.
Thats priceless I remember doing that with my son.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:07 PM   #23

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Mine gets so pissed! We've been fishing pretty regularly now for nearly 3 years, and neither of us have caught a fish during that entire time! It doesn't matter whether we're separated or together. And I used to actually catch them nearly every single time I went fishing as a teenager (my high school class ring actually has a hooked bass on it).

And what really rubs his nose in it, every time we bring my little 4 year old niece along, she ALWAYS catches at least one!

Old 06-06-2013, 11:37 PM   #24
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2551 Times on 1247 Posts
Likes Given: 1285

Being a Father and Grandfather, I want to commend you for taking the time to spend valuable time with your son. And the others that have posted here also. Believe me from experience I will tell you that it will pay off in the future to continue to be involved in children's lives as well as create memories that will last forever. I remember great times today with my Grand Dad and Dad! What great memories! Fishing, Shooting, Hunting, Sporting Events and all. And no better way to do that with children than involvement with them in the shooting sport and activities like fishing, hunting, hiking, camping and just guy time. (Can be a daughter also before Winds jumps on me! .

I must comment though, being a safety fanatic the what seems like a loaded magazine close with the pistol while in the cleaning are got my attention. Just be cautious as I am sure you are! But from experience freak accidents do and can happen and "Murphy" is alive and well!

Anyway! Great Job and keep up being a" Great Dad"! And we are proud of that young man also. He will be one of the young people who will help protect our Second Amendment in the future.

Take Care! God Bless you and your boy and the family!
And God Bless America! We need it!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Last edited by Sniper03; 06-06-2013 at 11:40 PM.

Old 06-08-2013, 03:12 AM   #25

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post

Being a Father and Grandfather, I want to commend you for taking the time to spend valuable time with your son. And the others that have posted here also. Believe me from experience I will tell you that it will pay off in the future to continue to be involved in children's lives as well as create memories that will last forever. I remember great times today with my Grand Dad and Dad! What great memories! Fishing, Shooting, Hunting, Sporting Events and all. And no better way to do that with children than involvement with them in the shooting sport and activities like fishing, hunting, hiking, camping and just guy time. (Can be a daughter also before Winds jumps on me! .

I must comment though, being a safety fanatic the what seems like a loaded magazine close with the pistol while in the cleaning are got my attention. Just be cautious as I am sure you are! But from experience freak accidents do and can happen and "Murphy" is alive and well!

Anyway! Great Job and keep up being a" Great Dad"! And we are proud of that young man also. He will be one of the young people who will help protect our Second Amendment in the future.

Take Care! God Bless you and your boy and the family!
And God Bless America! We need it!

Sniper

I had to go back and look at photos. You are correct about the mag. At that point we had gone threw the cleaning and I had just shown him hiwbto load the mags. I had him load with and without the loader.
I do appreciate your attention to detail. I see many photos of kids with rheir parents and they have their finger on the trigger. Drives me nuts!
My son did do that once and I had to educate him on the fact that his finger should never touch trigger until he is about to saftly fire.
I am taiing him and my daughter tobthe range soon. That will be a great day