Exploding Gun Myths-, Magazines taking a set - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Exploding Gun Myths-, Magazines taking a set

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2010, 05:19 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 15 Times on 6 Posts

Default checking rounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by colmustard View Post
Not when doing this before duty every day. we only had about 10 mins or so to do it and there would be quite a few of us, waiting for an armorer to check it, one of the bigger reasons it was done also was there were a few idiots who decided to steal a few rounds from there mags and replace with broken pencils under still exsiting ammo, so it gave the illusion all rounds were there, because before all that the armorer would only press down on the mags at the end of the shift to make sure they were full. But years went by and they said it was still being done for the intention of the mags. Funny thing we never shot that ammo, and we always shot new ammo when we would qualifiy.
Heh Heh, yupp, Armorers have some tricks up their sleave. I will have to write a couple of stories of when I was in charge of the pistol range. What a job. WOW hog heaven.
Sarge

Old 11-24-2010, 10:43 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 227 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 463

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge_257 View Post
Heh Heh, yupp, Armorers have some tricks up their sleave. I will have to write a couple of stories of when I was in charge of the pistol range. What a job. WOW hog heaven.
Sarge

I look forward to reading them! You have a way with words sir, and I enjoy reading them.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington