Ever feel like youre buying too many guns?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Ever feel like youre buying too many guns?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 07:47 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

I may be out of control here. I bought my first gun 2 years ago, a mossberg 500, it wasn't a month that I had a mosin, then I had a dry spell for a while and got the hunting bug, got a 10/22 at a gun show last February. Then a month later a maverick for turkey hunting. Had a dry spell until march rolled around and the great state of NY graced me with a pistol permit. Glock 30, hey I needed it as my carry and my bedside. All was well until last month I saw a nice deal on a gun I wanted for a while, an od framed glock 27. Then I found a deal on an OD green ruger LCR which seems to be sold out everywhere. Then I went to dicks and got my first deer rifle for November deer season.
It isn't just the guns, but all that comes with them, ammo, safes, hunting apparel, cases, locks for the kids. I think I might have a problem. The thing is I don't look at gun in a long term way, like, one day I will own that Smith 686, I want them NOWWWW

Last edited by TheNYResistance; 10-06-2012 at 08:23 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-06-2012, 07:54 AM   #2

Liked 144 Times on 99 Posts

Haha I have the same problem. I only started 8 months ago, glock 19, mossberg 500, mosin I'm actually picking up in a few days I'm super excited , and I already talked to the gun store into putting a mak 90 on law away for free even though my mosins still sitting there. And there's a long list of wants and will haves behind those. They are fun..makes the wife feel safe too so double win.

Old 10-06-2012, 08:22 AM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryGlock
Haha I have the same problem. I only started 8 months ago, glock 19, mossberg 500, mosin I'm actually picking up in a few days I'm super excited , and I already talked to the gun store into putting a mak 90 on law away for free even though my mosins still sitting there. And there's a long list of wants and will haves behind those. They are fun..makes the wife feel safe too so double win.
Wish my wife was like that. She is not happy, I hide my purchases, hell she might think I'm cheating on her as often as I go to my FFL and tell her I need something from the market. And I live in New York, a whole other challenge registering my new pistols with the county clerk, damn place is a half hour away.

Old 10-06-2012, 10:03 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8926 Times on 3867 Posts
Likes Given: 1397

Let me see if I understand this....

You're on a gun forum.

And you're asking if you buy too many guns.

Think about it for a minute. Is you family missing something like food, shelter, clothing, medical care- due to your gun buying? No? OK- next question.

I have 3 local gun shops that know me by name. and two that call me when looking for info on a gun. All 5 put guns aside for me. Without me asking. For Christmas, birthday, Father's Day, the kids give me gift certificates to gun shops. Daughter believes the answer to "What to get a man with everything?" is ammo to shoot in everything.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 10-06-2012, 10:46 AM   #5

Liked 207 Times on 155 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter
Let me see if I understand this....

You're on a gun forum.

And you're asking if you buy too many guns.

Think about it for a minute. Is you family missing something like food, shelter, clothing, medical care- due to your gun buying? No? OK- next question.

I have 3 local gun shops that know me by name. and two that call me when looking for info on a gun. All 5 put guns aside for me. Without me asking. For Christmas, birthday, Father's Day, the kids give me gift certificates to gun shops. Daughter believes the answer to "What to get a man with everything?" is ammo to shoot in everything.
Ok it's not often I catch you making a mistake. Actually this may be a first. Is it 3 or is it 5? Lol

Old 10-06-2012, 11:02 AM   #6

Liked 1131 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Nope ur perfectly fine. I have acquired 8 more this yr so far and had to buy a second safe now start stocking up on ammo

Old 10-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #7
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

We have a collector that comes in Atleast once a week and transfers 3 guns at a time. You're perfectly fine. Lol

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 10-06-2012, 12:07 PM   #8
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7172 Times on 4316 Posts
Likes Given: 8745

I would buy firearms like that if only I had the financial means to. i have several gun "wants" and I hope to someday have them. For now........I wait.

Has your wife ever gone shooting? I think if she tried it she might join you in your search for the next perfect gun purchase.

Old 10-06-2012, 12:14 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1208 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 507

At supper the other night my wife asked me if I needed another safe yet.

Old 10-06-2012, 12:16 PM   #10

Liked 1483 Times on 897 Posts
Likes Given: 347

A man I worked with had somewhere over 300 guns and you can still find him, in line, at opening time of every gun show I attend.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan