EAA Witness? Smith .357? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > EAA Witness? Smith .357?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2009, 10:42 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

my 10mm did the same thing [jammed] when i first got it. after about 200 rounds it stopped.the cool thing about the eaa,s are that you can make them 22lr,9mm,38super,40cal,10mm, or 45. is yours a 10mm? if so watch for the crack to appear in the slide.thats the only caliber thier having problems with. as we speak mines headed back to EAA.
JUST KEEP IT OILED AND RUN SEVERAL BOXES THROUGH BE FORE YOU GIVE UP ON IT.

Old 09-03-2009, 12:02 AM   #12

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I have never understood these stories of a weapon that didn't function, being kept & unmodified, and then later they started working as advertised.

That always puzzled me. Perhaps it's the fact that many folks aren't willing to drop some more coin on a weapon they just invested in. Perhaps it's stubborness. *shrug*

I don't know about all of you, but I can bet if stalkingbear, Cane, Jack or skull got a weapon that didn't perform right out of the box, they would AT LEAST be doing some serious questioning as to why.

My money says they would be diagnosing the problem and fixing it if they were going to plan on relying on it.....

I think you made the right choice Goju.

JD

Old 09-03-2009, 12:12 AM   #13

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

I've had a couple of Witnesses myself and they're incredibly picky about mags. They are a fairly close clone to a CZ so folks buy CZ mags and try to make them run right. Tanfoglio, the maker of the Witness, also changed frame sizes and if you do some searching you'll find a lot of talk about the old frame and new frame. All in all, I found them more trouble than they're worth.

A 3 inch S&W, regardless of model, is a gun to go after. The 3 inch barrels are always in high demand...

Old 09-03-2009, 04:14 AM   #14
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
I've had a couple of Witnesses myself and they're incredibly picky about mags. They are a fairly close clone to a CZ so folks buy CZ mags and try to make them run right. Tanfoglio, the maker of the Witness, also changed frame sizes and if you do some searching you'll find a lot of talk about the old frame and new frame. All in all, I found them more trouble than they're worth.

A 3 inch S&W, regardless of model, is a gun to go after. The 3 inch barrels are always in high demand...
I have a S&W 669, still a fav after all these years

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.