EAA Witness 9mm/22lr combo - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > EAA Witness 9mm/22lr combo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2011, 04:09 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 269 Times on 211 Posts
Likes Given: 36

I'll let you know. Just by the direction I'm leaning, there's a good chance I'll have an answer toward the end of the month.

No need for pics of the guts/slide. I've seen those elsewhere, and so far it looks promising but inconclusive. I'm okay if it doesn't end up fitting both guns. One of the guys I see once or twice a month (local gun club/range) has one and we've exchanged CZ for Witness for a mag here or there. The 9mm EAA Witness is good gun in its own right, and probably worth the $439 alone.

I try to get to the outdoor pistol range 2-3 times a month, as my schedule allows. Each session usually results in about 200+rds 9mm and 100+rds 45acp down range. And sometimes I take the P226 (357sig) out for a spin. Translation: $80-100 each trip. I need to start mixing in a healthy dose of 22lr, and maybe cut that cost in half.

Old 08-07-2011, 04:54 AM   #12

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22 View Post
I'll let you know. Just by the direction I'm leaning, there's a good chance I'll have an answer toward the end of the month.

No need for pics of the guts/slide. I've seen those elsewhere, and so far it looks promising but inconclusive. I'm okay if it doesn't end up fitting both guns. One of the guys I see once or twice a month (local gun club/range) has one and we've exchanged CZ for Witness for a mag here or there. The 9mm EAA Witness is good gun in its own right, and probably worth the $439 alone.

I try to get to the outdoor pistol range 2-3 times a month, as my schedule allows. Each session usually results in about 200+rds 9mm and 100+rds 45acp down range. And sometimes I take the P226 (357sig) out for a spin. Translation: $80-100 each trip. I need to start mixing in a healthy dose of 22lr, and maybe cut that cost in half.
I hear ya on the cost cutting haha, it wasn't too bad until i threw an AR-15 into the mix then it got real expensive in a hurry! And then to top it all off just picked up a .45 1911 so i'm gonna have to start limiting myself to one gun per range trip.

Good luck with the search good sir!

"If guns kill people then does that mean the spoon is the reason Rosie O'Donnell is fat"

"Guns don't kill people.......People kill people"

Old 08-12-2011, 09:18 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I like the EAA 9/22. At some point I may buy one.
I also like the Ruger MK3. I suspect I'll own one soon enough.

But I ordered a 22lr GSG 1911. Went back and forth on this one for a bit.

I have some really solid pistols (CZ 75b, BHP, Sig P226, XDm45) that I like and handle respectably well . At some point, I'd like a true 1911 45acp to join them. I figured the GSG fit nicely with this progression. It's probably neither as precise as the Ruger nor as applicable to my current roster as the EAA Witness. But it looks to be a solid performer that will launch me toward the world of 1911 (for $100 less than either EAA/Ruger I was considering).

I will ultimately add the stainless Ruger MKIII I have my eyes on.
The Witness 9/22 remains a pistol of interest.
But the GSG 1911 22lr will be joining me at the range in a week or so.

Old 08-12-2011, 09:27 PM   #14

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
But I ordered a 22lr GSG 1911. Went back and forth on this one for a bit.

But the GSG 1911 22lr will be joining me at the range in a week or so.
You're going to love the GSG. It will be a good step towards 1911 45ACP ownership.

I take my GSG every time I go shooting. It has all the good traits; FUN, ACCURATE and CHEAP TO SHOOT!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 08-12-2011, 09:33 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
I take my GSG every time I go shooting. It has all the good traits; FUN, ACCURATE and CHEAP TO SHOOT!
Thanks Cane. One question: Does it also have an indescriminate appetite when it comes to 22lr ammunition?

Old 08-12-2011, 09:53 PM   #16

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Just my opinion but I don't like the idea of shooting dirty 22lr in any of my centerfire pistols.

Not when a dedicated 22lr pistol like the GSG 1911-22 is had for the near/same cash as a conversion kit!
Have always felt the same-
Why bother with the conversion kits when you can have a whole nuther gun for about (or less in some cases) the same money

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 08-12-2011, 09:55 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Make sure the waitress at Denny's knows you have a 1911-style pistol, she will get you the seniors' discount.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 08-12-2011, 09:59 PM   #18
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6018 Times on 3152 Posts
Likes Given: 431

Quote:
Just my opinion but I don't like the idea of shooting dirty 22lr in any of my centerfire pistols.

Not when a dedicated 22lr pistol like the GSG 1911-22 is had for the near/same cash as a conversion kit!
my sig p220 conversion doesnt gunk up the lower reciever. but the ceiner kit i had did as did the kimber kit.

im in agreement with cane with the caveat of the sig kit. ruger then gsg would be my choices

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-12-2011, 10:53 PM   #19

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Thanks Cane. One question: Does it also have an indescriminate appetite when it comes to 22lr ammunition?
I have only shot Winchester and CCI to date. Besides a few Winchester fail-to-fire (they were about 15 years old) I've had ZERO issues to date!

You are going to love this gun.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 08-13-2011, 12:12 AM   #20
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6018 Times on 3152 Posts
Likes Given: 431

my gsg eats everything even cycles subsonic ammo. the only stuff that has issues is the remington bulk pack but thats due to dud rounds i typically get 4 out of 100 duds from the remingtons. mine has never jammed.

gsg reliability is on par with my ruger mk3. my main complaints with the gsg is the cheap injection molded parts very very cheap plastic sights. my first gsg cracked frame inside a couple hundred rounds but was replaced by ati under warranty. they only have a 2 year warranty. price is in the same range as a ruger 22/45.

unless you want a fullsize 1911 pattern chambered in 22lr get the ruger. just be aware that with the gsg your getting a lot less for the money with a very time limited warranty

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...