Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > EAA Witness

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2010, 06:29 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default EAA Witness

My daughter, the Lovely Miss Freefall, needs a light, compact bear defense weapon. She's not so enamored of the Taurus Tracker, handled a Witness compact 10mm and liked it quite a lot. After 90 rds of American Eagle fairly mild fodder the frame cracked and there's a small star fracture in the slide. Pretty cool, huh?
ps. Sorry no pics, I'm techno disabled. Probably a Luddite, truth be told.

Last edited by freefall; 04-24-2010 at 06:31 PM. Reason: apology

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-24-2010, 07:46 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

What's your plan?

Life Member: MOPH
Life Member: USMC
Life Member: DAV
Life Member: VVA
Member: NRA
COTEP MEMBER #CBOB0391
DW VBOB
KIMBER ULTRA CDP
KIMBER PRO CRIMSON CARRY
GLOCK 19
S&W 686 SSR
S&W M&P SHIELD

Old 04-24-2010, 07:59 PM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Return it.

Old 04-24-2010, 08:25 PM   #4

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Here ya go, when your (yours) life is on the line, it's no time to save pennies!

The S&W 460PD

Loaded with VBR-B .460 S&W Magnum C3F cartridge developed as a tactical round against bear attacks.

VBR-B .460 S&W Mag

VBR-Belgium 3-part controlled fragmentation

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 04-24-2010, 11:12 PM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I'm content with my .44 Bisley. If I upgrade it'll be a .475 Linebaugh. No way is Miss Freefall going to pack around an X-frame Smith. Her uncle Marty has a .500, damn thing needs wheels.

Old 04-25-2010, 05:09 AM   #6

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post

That is some nice fragmentation. S&W also has the same survival kit for the .500 magnum with the snubby sized barrel. One compactable hand cannon!
sw500es.jpg  

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 05-12-2010, 06:16 AM   #7

Likes Given: 6

Default Eaa let down

I am new to firearmstalk so please bare with me. I have done my share of buying different handguns and rifles. Haven't always been able to try them out before I buy. Well here it comes.. I am left handed. It is a little harder for lefties to really even fit most handguns comfortably. I purchased a EAA Witness full size in 45. Loved the way it shot. loved the way it fit. I tend to fire handguns rapidly and use lots of ammo when I first get one. To test them out. It worked beautifully. I also purchased some left hand mausers. Had them customized to calibers and stocks. My gunsmith lost one of my bolts to one of my rifles by a stock maker. EAA imports these mausers now. They even imported a left hand model for an article for a "major" left hand gun writer. We tried to order a left hand bolt from EAA and they would not help us at all. The overseas manufacturer stated if EAA imported it they would send it. As a matter of fact I was treated very rude over the phone with customer support at EAA. The sales department was and is very good. Go figure. At the time I sold all of my EAA handguns. I won't buy an EAA product if I can help it again. I believe Witness pistols are very good and affordable but if you ever have a problem or have to deal with the company GOOD LUCK.
Just my experience and opinion.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:25 AM   #8

Likes Given: 6

Default Try This

IMO Having lived in AK for 14 years I have some direct experience. Take a look at the Smith and Wesson Nightguard in 10mm. 500 and 460SW are great but are they light like you wanted? Although the nightgaurd is light with
10mm it won't kick that bad and 10mm will deliver a punch to bears. I had one in 45acp and shot the heck out of it. No issues ever. I sold it because I want to get the 10mm version.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:27 AM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I've read several places about horrible EAA customer service, get a CZ instead!

Old 05-12-2010, 08:51 AM   #10
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2640 Times on 1538 Posts
Likes Given: 1171

Dan Wesson CBOB in 10mm. I've put plenty of rounds through mine. Change springs religously and it'll continue to work. And I can put an ambi safety on it.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)