EAA 9mm?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > EAA 9mm?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2010, 11:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default EAA 9mm?

Anyone have one?

Can anyone comment on the basics: accuracy, reliability, etc.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-18-2010, 11:34 PM   #2

Liked 26 Times on 7 Posts

Are you talking about the "Witness" line?

If so, they're very similar to CZs in design and function. Quality can be spotty and customer service is so-so. I've had a couple myself and they were OK guns. A real CZ is a better bet for the long haul...

Old 02-18-2010, 11:53 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 66 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotzORemmies View Post
Anyone have one?

It's a CZ knock-off... get the real thing!

Old 02-19-2010, 02:29 AM   #4

Liked 47 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotzORemmies View Post
Anyone have one?

I have a Witness in 10mm. Very accurate, 100% reliable and built like a tank. Outstanding value Handgun. Thay are made by Tanfoglio in Italy and they are a world class manufacturer.

Old 02-19-2010, 03:03 AM   #5

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambli View Post
I have a Witness in 10mm. Very accurate, 100% reliable and built like a tank. Outstanding value Handgun. They are made by Tanfoglio in Italy and they are a world class manufacturer.
+1
Tanfoglio is one of the best CZ75 clones out there... in here the Tanfoglio Force (polymer frame) is one of the most popular guns, even some police departments has been issued with this guns... they are good quality and well priced. The only complaint I heard is in large calibers with metal frame (.45 & 10mm), some guns with this characteristics has suffer from cracks in their frames. And in some old models have FTF because defective magazines (the ones with orange followers) but I suppose that issue was solved already -that problem was like 5 years ago- Otherwise they are great guns.
“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 02-26-2010, 03:54 PM   #6

The Witness Steel 10mm pistol is what I am interested in.

It definitely has a good price but I would like to find a forum
where a lot of EAA owners are concentrated to see how
well the pistols are holding up.

If the pistol is pretty well made it will hold up and customer
service should not be needed much.

Old 02-26-2010, 04:12 PM   #7

Liked 2092 Times on 1154 Posts
Likes Given: 1378

Can't advise on the witness. But can on EAA. I own a Bounty Hunter in 45 colt, and a windicator in 357 mag. Obviously both are revolvers. But awesome guns. Pretty heavy though. But I would put the Bounty Hunter up against my S&W 586 for acuracy any day!

Old 02-26-2010, 04:53 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I've had an EAA Witness in 45 ACP for 12+ years--used it for USPSA because of the 10 round mag. Very accurate--reliable with round nose--some SWC have problems (can happen with any 45), but I've found reload recipes that work great with 200 gr SWCs. Very pleasant to shoot. I also had one of the original EAAs in 40 S&W--had problems with it, but since they've changed that to a larger frame (originally used the 9mm frame size I believe), I think there are no longer issues. You can find a Witness 45ACP/22 combo for somewhere near $500--a great deal.

"Adversity does not make a man--it reveals him"

Old 02-26-2010, 06:41 PM   #9

Liked 47 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by preventec47 View Post
The Witness Steel 10mm pistol is what I am interested in.

It definitely has a good price but I would like to find a forum
where a lot of EAA owners are concentrated to see how
well the pistols are holding up.

If the pistol is pretty well made it will hold up and customer
service should not be needed much.
I have one and so do two of my friends. None of us are easy on our guns and we don't shy away from LONG sessions at the range. They hold up just fine.

Old 04-02-2010, 04:47 PM   #10
ftd

A have been shooting a 9mm Witness for a couple of year. Great gun - very accurate, feels great, and the price was very right. I've shot +p ammo in it and have had 0 problems.

I've heard rumors of cracked frames, especially in the 10mm version, since before I got 9mm, but I've never heard from anyone who has actually suffered this problem. The Tanfoglio 10mm was beefed up about 4 years ago (stiffer spring?), so there probably were problems in the past.

Eaa owners seem to be a quieter bunch and I've never found a forum that mentions them unless someone asks a question. I take the quietness to indicate total satifaction.