Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Dumbest gun deal you've ever done.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2013, 02:01 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 136 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpossum View Post
Yep, I've sold a lot of guns I now regret . . . Series 70 Colts, now classic Smith and Wesson revolvers of all types, a Browning A-5, M-1, a Remington 700 in .308 configured for a sniper rifle (was bought by a member of the Arlington, Texas police SWAT team). . . you name it, I've let it slip through my hands.
I thought you were trying to make yourself feel better..lol

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

Old 05-09-2013, 02:24 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Quote:
Yep, I've sold a lot of guns I now regret . . . Series 70 Colts, now classic Smith and Wesson revolvers of all types, a Browning A-5, M-1, a Remington 700 in .308 configured for a sniper rifle (was bought by a member of the Arlington, Texas police SWAT team). . . you name it, I've let it slip through my hands.
Well hell man, you did sell them all. Firearms are a commodity. I'm guessing if you could have kept them you would have. Rest assured that usually they do get purchased by people that will enjoy them as much or more than you did.

Suck it up! Save your coins and get a new gun to make you feel right in the head. Thats what everyone else does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apwvsd40ve View Post
yeah, seriously WTF.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-09-2013, 02:32 AM   #23

Liked 1115 Times on 583 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattledog View Post
Suck it up! Save your coins and get a new gun to make you feel right in the head. Thats what everyone else does.

Gosh. Why didn't I think of that?

Old 05-09-2013, 02:34 AM   #24

Quote:
I still feel the pain.

Several years ago I had my FFL. Set up at gun shows, but it didn't work out. I always left with more than I came in with, and when someone DID buy a gun I had on the table, a voice inside me would yell " NO NO IT'S MINE!".

Same thing when I was a knife dealer. I wanted to keep them ALL.

Last edited by txpossum; 05-09-2013 at 02:43 AM.

Old 05-09-2013, 02:35 AM   #25

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I do pretty well on trades but I sold one that I've regretted since it happened. I had a stainless Colt Combat Commander that I really likes but tried to use logic and say I didn't need two 1911's of that type. I have a Para LTC that I love a lot and will never part with. I just wish I had thought the same of the Colt when it was mine. I made out good on it and all. But man that was a really nice pistol.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-09-2013, 02:42 AM   #26

Quote:

I still feel the pain.

Several years ago I had my FFL. Set up at gun shows, but it didn't work out. I always left with more than I came in with, and when someone DID buy a gun a had on the table, a voice inside me would yell " NO NO IT'S MINE!".

Same thing when I was a knife dealer. I wanted to keep them ALL.
That would malke it tough. I think that if I ever get mine....I would have to have two types of guns...mine...and then inventory that I would sell...but that may be easier said than done!

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

Old 05-09-2013, 02:47 AM   #27

Quote:
That would malke it tough. I think that if I ever get mine....I would have to have two types of guns...mine...and then inventory that I would sell...but that may be easier said than done!
My problem was that I only bought guns to sell that I liked, then (even though I know I bought them to re-sell) too often they became "mine" in my head. Then, having to be at a gun show constantly for two days . . . surrounded by all those guns . . . it was impossible not to find something I thought I had to have. As a way of making extra money, my FFL was sort of a failure. But I had some fun.

Old 05-09-2013, 02:53 AM   #28

Liked 715 Times on 472 Posts
Likes Given: 761

Traded a Rem 870 for a funny lookin' revolver.....

winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 05-09-2013, 02:54 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
Traded a Rem 870 for a funny lookin' revolver.....
Sound s like a great trade to me....

-AP

― Thomas Jefferson

― Alexander Hamilton

Old 05-09-2013, 03:24 AM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Quote:
Quote:
My problem was that I only bought guns to sell that I liked, then (even though I know I bought them to re-sell) too often they became "mine" in my head. Then, having to be at a gun show constantly for two days . . . surrounded by all those guns . . . it was impossible not to find something I thought I had to have. As a way of making extra money, my FFL was sort of a failure. But I had some fun.

My FFL is a complete failure. If we're talking in terms of actually making money. I went into it with the idea that I would make enough to increase my own collection. Did that. check. Yeah it's hard to buy something I know I would never want to keep but thats what allowed me to get the firearms I wanted. Your deal, possum, is that you're a collector in the dealing biz. Not compatible, unless you can keep your collections separate on paper, in heart and soul.

Big daddy Kane once said that pimpin aint easy. Its so true. Too easy to fall in love with the sweet lines and smooth action. But thats business. You gotta know what you're getting into.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson