Driving from PA through NJ and NY; question about laws - Page 3

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Driving from PA through NJ and NY; question about laws

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2013, 04:58 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertusa123
in a word dont in nj you will be arrested just for haveing a handgun without a nj firearm permit. even it it taken appart and locked up ny will arrest you if your magazine is over 7 bullets theirs a federal law thats soupost to protect you if your just passing thure. but nj and ny dont care they will still arrest you impound your gun you will spend thounds defending yourself, they will drop the case after awail and you will haft to file a law suit spending thounds more to get your gun back which probley only cost a few hundred this has happened and people have gone to prison dont do it
Same in NY they don't play well with others NY and NJ do not recognize permits from outside their states although to be honest i wouldn't want to go to either state without serious monetary incentives and i mean SERIOUS but i am not you so good luck just carry a knife leave your gun in a non-communist state

Old 05-27-2013, 04:05 PM   #22

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase127 View Post
Same in NY they don't play well with others NY and NJ do not recognize permits from outside their states although to be honest i wouldn't want to go to either state without serious monetary incentives and i mean SERIOUS but i am not you so good luck just carry a knife leave your gun in a non-communist state
Better look up the knife laws before you do that!

OP, it sounds like you are saying that you want to bring the gun, not that you have to bring the gun.

If that's the case, then as a former resident of NJ, I would recommend that you leave it home.

Or simply accept the risk that you are taking. The laws in NJ/NY do not protect you. They are there to cause you harm.

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Old 06-01-2013, 03:47 PM   #23

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I would suggest staying within the bounds of FREE AMERICA and not entering communist controlled hinterlands. The KGB of either place will imprison you for even thinking free thoughts.

Noblesse Oblige

Old 06-02-2013, 02:16 AM   #24

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts

**** EDITED **** Advocating illegal activities is not condoned here.

Last edited by ScottA; 06-02-2013 at 02:54 AM.