Don't tell anyone I own this . . . - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Don't tell anyone I own this . . .

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2013, 07:20 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 634 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 1831

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWSchramm
The only gun that I might consider getting rid of right now is my Taurus PT140 Millennium. I don't know that I'm embarrassed by it, per se. It was an ok first handgun, especially for the price, and especially since I didn't know any better when I bought it.

First time at the range, the front sight came off. I hadn't even taken it out of the store I bought it in yet. So I took it to the guy 5 feet away and he put the sight back on for me. Then it came off again twenty minutes later. This time I couldn't find the sight. So I said eff it.

Still carried it when I got my CCW permit in NC. Was gonna throw it at the bad guy I guess.

Then after awhile the magazine started ejecting on every shot... Dunno what's goin on there. I will say, Taurus has a lifetime (of the gun) warranty, so I'll send it in after I replace the front sight. Taurus has had it on back order for awhile. What's that tell ya? Maybe that I'm not the only person who has lost their front sight for that particular gun...

Anyway, whatever. It doesn't get shot anymore. I have much better firearms to play with. I'm gonna sell it, when I get it bandaged up.

Incidentally, I picked it up the other day just to test out its feel, since it had been awhile. Oh good lawd, it felt terrible in my hand compared to my M&P9c. Just, awful...
The M&P will spoil you like that!!

Old 06-12-2013, 07:22 AM   #52
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i have had this Astra A100 9mm for many years now. it hardly ever gets shot anymore. several times i have thought about selling it, but for some reason i back out and just can't go through with getting rid of it. it's not worth a great deal of money, and i can't even tell you why i can't get rid of it. now it's never failed me, it's not even really an ugly gun and it's not really a target shooter, but it does hold 17 rounds of ammo. it is a heavy and solid pistol an as a last resort, it would raise one huge lump on a BG's noggin if thrown! there are probably many more pistols that are much better than my Astra, but i think i'll hang onto it for a while longer.

astra-a100-003.jpg  

Old 06-12-2013, 07:30 AM   #53
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55
i have had this Astra A100 9mm for many years now. it hardly ever gets shot anymore. several times i have thought about selling it, but for some reason i back out and just can't go through with getting rid of it. it's not worth a great deal of money, and i can't even tell you why i can't get rid of it. now it's never failed me, it's not even really an ugly gun and it's not really a target shooter, but it does hold 17 rounds of ammo. it is a heavy and solid pistol an as a last resort, it would raise one huge lump on a BG's noggin if thrown! there are probably many more pistols that are much better than my Astra, but i think i'll hang onto it for a while longer.
Interesting. I don't think it's ugly. Kinda reminds me of a Sig, in a way.

Always have clean socks.

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-12-2013, 07:45 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWSchramm View Post
Interesting. I don't think it's ugly. Kinda reminds me of a Sig, in a way.
Astra modeled if after the Sig P228 or the P226. the A100 came in 9mm, 40 S&W and 45 acp. even though it looks almost like the Sig no parts will interchange that i know of, and i know the mags won't.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:47 AM   #55
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

Astra modeled if after the Sig P228 or the P226. the A100 came in 9mm, 40 S&W and 45 acp. even though it looks almost like the Sig no parts will interchange that i know of, and i know the mags won't.
I knew it looked familiar.. Was gonna say the P226 but wasn't 100% and didn't wanna show my naiveté once again in case I was thinking of a different model. Hahah

Always have clean socks.

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-12-2013, 07:55 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWSchramm View Post
I knew it looked familiar.. Was gonna say the P226 but wasn't 100% and didn't wanna show my naiveté once again in case I was thinking of a different model. Hahah
i had to check again. it was modeled after the P228, but the P228 is the compact version of the P226. i do know that loaded, it's not a light pistol!

here's a link to some info on the Astra A100's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astra_A-100

Old 06-12-2013, 10:33 AM   #57

Liked 284 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 1247

I ran across a Rohn rg10 the other day. Kinda of an odd little thing he gave 75 for it

off hand , I read it was one of those pistols that shot Ronald Reagan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C3%B6hm_(RG)

Old 06-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #58

Liked 1139 Times on 591 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
There is an Astra 100 in my gun locker, unused for years and waiting for new grips. I got the gun from a client years and years ago, and, as my brother was traveling a lot, gave it to him. One day when he was shooting there was some sort of blowout, and the right grip was destroyed. The gun looks fine after the accident, but I would get it checked out by a gunsmith before I put it back in service; however I cannot find a replacement grip for it. Every couple of years I remember it, and go online to try to track on down. No luck so far.

It didn't seem to be a bad gun at all.

Old 06-12-2013, 11:49 AM   #59

Liked 1139 Times on 591 Posts
Likes Given: 49

I am surprised that there hasn't been more mention here of Davis, Jennings, Raven, or Bryco. More RG's than I would have thought.

Someone here mentioned a Cobra. I had a case once wherre the police report listed the weapon used as a Cobra .38. I knew Cobra made cheap autos, and just assumed that they also made an inexpensive revolver. When the case was over -- a plea was worked out -- the judge asked if I wanted the gun. Not really excited about a cheap revolver, I said something like, yeah, I guess so. On a slow day a couple of weeks later I drew up an order, got the judge to sign it, and went to the cop shop to pick up my new POS. Guess what they brought me. Yep, that's right, a Colt Cobra (the alloy version of the Detective Special) in excellent condition. It even had kewl bone grips on it.

A nice surprise.

Old 06-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #60
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8453 Times on 4897 Posts
Likes Given: 11020

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpossum View Post
I am surprised that there hasn't been more mention here of Davis, Jennings, Raven, or Bryco. More RG's than I would have thought.

Someone here mentioned a Cobra. I had a case once wherre the police report listed the weapon used as a Cobra .38. I knew Cobra made cheap autos, and just assumed that they also made an inexpensive revolver. When the case was over -- a plea was worked out -- the judge asked if I wanted the gun. Not really excited about a cheap revolver, I said something like, yeah, I guess so. On a slow day a couple of weeks later I drew up an order, got the judge to sign it, and went to the cop shop to pick up my new POS. Guess what they brought me. Yep, that's right, a Colt Cobra (the alloy version of the Detective Special) in excellent condition. It even had kewl bone grips on it.

A nice surprise.
Wow! That would be cool!

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.