Don't tell anyone I own this . . . - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Don't tell anyone I own this . . .

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2013, 06:37 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 641 Times on 382 Posts
Likes Given: 2022

I e got a Rohm .22lr revolver.

Even worse......a Lorcin .25auto....with pink pearl grips!!

Old 06-07-2013, 08:19 AM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpossum View Post
This is just between you and me, right? Sorta like a gun forum version of "hot tub" rules. What is said on FireArmsTalk stays on FireArmsTalk.

We all like to brag about our guns. I sure do. And by damn, each us has the baddest, coolest, deadlist, and generally best-est guns on the face of the planet.

But . . . what about the one you rarely mention? The ugly duckling hidden from the public eye. The red-headed stepchild of your collection. The one you feel guilty about ignoring, but you just can't bring yourself to love. You feel sorry for it, mebbe, but that warm feeling is just not there.

Mine is an old RG .38 Special of the kind pictured below. My actual gun is wrapped in an old t-shirt and kept in my "just in case" bag in the trunk of my car. Oh, believe me, there's another gun with me . . . I just frankly didn't know what else to do with it. Sorta a back up for my back up, 'cause when you pull the trigger it does go "bang".

I'm not even sure where I got it, or why. I think that years and years ago one of my brother's friends needed bail money or something, and I bought it and another gun for $75.00. I believe I got the worst end of the deal.

So . . . just between us . . . what gun do you own that sorta embarrases you to be seen with?
Leave the gun, bring the conollys............

Old 06-07-2013, 11:20 AM   #33

Liked 773 Times on 540 Posts
Likes Given: 842

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizord1 View Post
What's so bad about it?
The Titan Tiger has a habit of not indexing correctly. This one was rebuilt w/ a heavy duty kit. Works great, but it still carrys the stigma. It also weighs more then my 6" Model 19-4 .357. At least my son has a reliable handgun now. I gave him 2 speedloaders and a lockable case for it.

Old 06-07-2013, 03:47 PM   #34

Liked 64 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpossum View Post
This is just between you and me, right? Sorta like a gun forum version of "hot tub" rules. What is said on FireArmsTalk stays on FireArmsTalk.

We all like to brag about our guns. I sure do. And by damn, each us has the baddest, coolest, deadlist, and generally best-est guns on the face of the planet.

But . . . what about the one you rarely mention? The ugly duckling hidden from the public eye. The red-headed stepchild of your collection. The one you feel guilty about ignoring, but you just can't bring yourself to love. You feel sorry for it, mebbe, but that warm feeling is just not there.

Mine is an old RG .38 Special of the kind pictured below. My actual gun is wrapped in an old t-shirt and kept in my "just in case" bag in the trunk of my car. Oh, believe me, there's another gun with me . . . I just frankly didn't know what else to do with it. Sorta a back up for my back up, 'cause when you pull the trigger it does go "bang".

I'm not even sure where I got it, or why. I think that years and years ago one of my brother's friends needed bail money or something, and I bought it and another gun for $75.00. I believe I got the worst end of the deal.

So . . . just between us . . . what gun do you own that sorta embarrases you to be seen with?
Mine would be my S&W Bodyguard .38+P revolver. It's not that I am embarrased by it - not at all. It's just that I rarely mention it, have never taken a picture of it or shown it off or anything. It is not sexy or glamorous to me. However, it stays with me - by my side - more than any other firearm that I own.
willshoum Likes This 
Old 06-07-2013, 03:49 PM   #35

Liked 64 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
Leave the gun, bring the cannoli's............
Clemensa had his priorities straight!!!
One of my all-time fav movie lines
willshoum Likes This 
Old 06-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1044 Times on 706 Posts
Likes Given: 555

When I was young I purchased a Cobra .380. I could never get through an entire 5 round mag without an issue. I still have it to this day. It's the "only gun I still own" if they ever come to collect our guns! LOL

Old 06-07-2013, 04:43 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawjr74 View Post
When I was young I purchased a Cobra .380. I could never get through an entire 5 round mag without an issue. I still have it to this day. It's the "only gun I still own" if they ever come to collect our guns! LOL
Now that looks like, whats on top of cow pattys............lol....

Old 06-07-2013, 05:18 PM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1044 Times on 706 Posts
Likes Given: 555

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
Now that looks like, whats on top of cow pattys............lol....
It is heavy enough to throw at someone if need be though!

Old 06-07-2013, 05:46 PM   #39
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3382 Times on 2288 Posts
Likes Given: 710

A Ted Williams 20 Ga. Semi-auto That I sold to an LGS back east about 10 Yrs. ago. It was worthless as anything except for killing an animal up close(couldn't hit the "side of a Barn with #1 shot rounds at 25 yards) or SD. so when i go looking for a Used 20 Ga. for DW here in AZ. guess what was "in Stock-Used" at my current LGS? a ted Williams 20 Ga. just like the one i used to have with an even better looking stock. Was i tempted? sure. Did i buy it? Nope,..We got a Mossberg Sa-20 Tactical instead

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 06-07-2013, 06:24 PM   #40

Liked 773 Times on 540 Posts
Likes Given: 842

The one I never should have gotten rid of was a Mossberg 12ga bolt gun. Not a bad looking rig, and it always made an impression on people that saw it. Smooth slug barrel bolt action w/ iron sights.
I worked at a Dude ranch for Women in the 1980's just outside Buffalo Colorado. The only 2 destinations on this road was us and another ranch. Don, the caretaker came to the kitchen as about 100+ bikers had decided to camp outside our front gate 1/2 a mile from 300 women guests and 42 women staff. There were no firearms permitted, but I had my Mossberg in the trunk of my car as I lived there. He had a .30-06 hunting rifle and asked me to come with him. There were only 5 men on the ranch, the other 3 were 16 years old. We stopped by my car and his only comment was "What the He!!". We drove to within 50 yards of the gate and I went up a ridge on the right. When I was at the top, Don very politely was asking them to leave. They were giving him a hard time and were not your modern suburban bikers. I stood up on the ridge and yelled to him asking if everything was o.k. . The sight of someone above them w/ a rifle and bandolier of ammo promptly gave them a good reason to leave. Wish I had that shotgun now. Sold it for something "better". Pretty stupid on my part.

Newest Threads