Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Don't tell anyone I own this . . .

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2013, 12:54 AM   #131
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19782 Times on 11232 Posts
Likes Given: 49845

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorWhiteBoy View Post
I just HAVE to say this. I have a lot of friends that LOVE their guns, and feel the need to buy up as many as possible. I own a few myself, and in my personal experience I wont buy anything BUT Hi-Point unless it is a steal of a deal! I have a Hi-Point C9, a Jimenez JA-.380, and a CZ .40 caliber. I clean and lube them every time I use them. I have put HUNDREDS of rounds through the C9. NOT ONE hiccup EVER. The JA-.380 has hung up on me literally 3 or 4 times out of the (at least) 300 rounds I have put through it. Now the CZ has been nothing but a pain in my butt. EVERY single time I bother taking it to the range, it hangs up at least a couple times. The CZ cost me more than the other 2 combined! All of my buddies trash talked my Hi-Point, but I will tell you one thing. It is just as accurate, and just as dependable as ANY of their guns! Some of them have THOUSANDS in their pistols, I paid $160 for my C9!
welcome to the forum! stop over in the Introductions Section and say hello.

kind of strange about the CZ, because as a majority they are pretty damned reliable and function as good as many pistols costing much more. i think you might need to either change ammo or send it in and have it worked on. you just very seldom hear of a CZ having issues as far as reliablity.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 07-22-2013, 02:53 AM   #132
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1488 Times on 912 Posts
Likes Given: 7308

(In a conspiritory whisper.)

A Jennings J22. the only reason I keep it is that it belonged to my mom. Dad bought it for her in the late 80s while he was still in the Corps, so that she would have something to protect us with while he was away on TAD. It stays locked up in the safe, hidden from sight and public knowledge, cleaned regularly, and shot once every couple years whether it needs it or not.

We lost mom to a heart attack in July of '03, and keeping it is my way of remembering her. Kind of a way of reminding myself that she still has eyes on me...

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

People Like This 
Old 07-22-2013, 03:46 AM   #133

Liked 117 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorWhiteBoy View Post
I just HAVE to say this. I have a lot of friends that LOVE their guns, and feel the need to buy up as many as possible. I own a few myself, and in my personal experience I wont buy anything BUT Hi-Point unless it is a steal of a deal! I have a Hi-Point C9, a Jimenez JA-.380, and a CZ .40 caliber. I clean and lube them every time I use them. I have put HUNDREDS of rounds through the C9. NOT ONE hiccup EVER. The JA-.380 has hung up on me literally 3 or 4 times out of the (at least) 300 rounds I have put through it. Now the CZ has been nothing but a pain in my butt. EVERY single time I bother taking it to the range, it hangs up at least a couple times. The CZ cost me more than the other 2 combined! All of my buddies trash talked my Hi-Point, but I will tell you one thing. It is just as accurate, and just as dependable as ANY of their guns! Some of them have THOUSANDS in their pistols, I paid $160 for my C9!
My dad owns a C9 and I have shot it a few times. It never had a problem while I was shooting and neither has my dad. It personally does not fit my hand and if I was gonna buy a gun that size I would get one that held more ammo.

As for the CZ there must be something wrong with it. What model is it? The poly 2075s had a problem with the frame and if you sent one in for warranty they would just send you back a whole new steel framed model. Other than that CZ's guns are usually amazing. You might try contacting CZ to get some help with it.

Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. –Mark Twain

Old 09-06-2013, 10:21 AM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperSC
A 1911. What a clunker!
You are out of your mind.

Old 09-06-2013, 01:36 PM   #135
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1459 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

How about a 25 acp Raven. My wife bought this one for me probably 20 years ago at a place called Hanoi Hanks in Macon GA for I think $45. It was over priced.

img_1391.jpg   img_1392.jpg  

NRA Endowdment Life Member.....F&AM
Curio and Relics License Holder (FFL 03)

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Last edited by string1946; 09-06-2013 at 05:48 PM.

Old 09-06-2013, 02:16 PM   #136

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Oh yeah, I'd say that one qualifies. Not really ugly but not one that you want to brag about.

Old 09-08-2013, 01:16 PM   #137

Liked 648 Times on 425 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Default Westpoint Savage Arms 487T

My very first 22 semi auto rifle I purchased in the mid 70s

A Westpoint Savage Arms 487T 22 rifle I bought at a True Value hardware store. The rifle's is not very accurate when it does cycle? From the beginning jam after jam no matter what different brand of ammo was used.
I still own that rifle,it's tucked way,way,way back in a closet,not in the safe. I thought about selling from time to time,but I don't wish that rifle on anyone. lol

Old 09-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #138
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 183 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 569

I think anything taurus is junk then I bought a Rossi 410 similar to a "Snake Charmer" and it said "BrazTech" on the receiver and Rossi on the barrel. If BrazTech owns taurus, I will keep it but if taurus owns Braztech, I'm selling it.

Married 27 years---I'm starting to think it might work out.
Second Generation N R A Life Member

Old 09-19-2013, 01:29 PM   #139
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2748 Times on 1890 Posts
Likes Given: 558

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo
I think anything taurus is junk then I bought a Rossi 410 similar to a "Snake Charmer" and it said "BrazTech" on the receiver and Rossi on the barrel. If BrazTech owns taurus, I will keep it but if taurus owns Braztech, I'm selling it.
Dude, sorry you feel that way. Taurus owns both brand names, as well as Diamondback, and they might have more. The "Rossi-BrazTech line was made to be more affordable to the less affluent shooter. That said, I have a Taurus 92 Stainless with a third party match barrel, but even with he orig. tube,this gun has had less then 20 malfunctions in 23+ years I have owned it,. It's been a comp. gun, a winter concealed carry gun, and a home defense gun while living in the North East Bronx where I grew up and then returned to for a while in my 20's & 30's.

I do hear that people have problems with their Taurus guns, my myself, and a cousin who owns both a 92 and a 709, plus his wife's 738, have had no issues. If it really turns you off do what ya gotta do, but at least give it a chance. We're going to do just that with their new poly 38spl.+P,..

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 09-20-2013, 03:38 AM   #140
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 183 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 569

I make my judgement of taurus from the poor quality and workmanship of their early revolvers.

Married 27 years---I'm starting to think it might work out.
Second Generation N R A Life Member