Don't have a car gun. - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Don't have a car gun.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2013, 04:38 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 2032 Times on 1124 Posts
Likes Given: 6091

I went to the doctor the other day for a "that tube goes WHERE?" exam.
Locked with cable lock to seat structure. Not often tho...

I believe the safest place for a .45 car gun is on your hip, well holstered, condition one, never left in the car.

Last edited by KG7IL; 07-25-2013 at 04:43 AM. Reason: Added "I sure would like a trunk monkey"
tri70 Likes This 
Old 07-25-2013, 05:17 AM   #22
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3382 Times on 2288 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockratt
Why did I post that twice you ask. It can only be described as a "rectal cranial inversion"!!!!!
Oh no! Your sure to end up with a foul smell in your nose from that!!!

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 07-25-2013, 05:21 AM   #23
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3382 Times on 2288 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm14
Forget the gun..... You need to get one of these little 'effer's.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx6WB5YJia8
Now THAT'S funny!

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 07-25-2013, 09:36 AM   #24

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I keep a gun in my car 24/7. It stays in condition 1. I keep it in a cable locked safe most of the time, and in a steering column holster when I deem it necessary. To each his own.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:13 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1918 Times on 843 Posts
Likes Given: 1442

Quote:
Originally Posted by p35bhp55 View Post
Crackheads! In N.E. Arkansas....Say it ain't so Ratt. They also got the grandkids Cur puppy, now I'm pissed. I put the dogs pic on FB and got my more social friends to share it, maybe we can make the idiots life unpleasant.
Ya I know !!!! I hated to be the one to break that to you but I thought you needed to know!!! Seriously though I am in north central AR and like you I have lived about 3 miles back on a dirt road where it is quiet for 9 years now. I still occasionally leave my doors unlocked and never lock my vehicles. I would never leave a gun in a vehicle over night no matter what. I value them too much and it isn't worth it. But as you have discovered times are a changing.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:58 PM   #26

Liked 115 Times on 84 Posts
Likes Given: 144

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockratt View Post
Ya I know !!!! I hated to be the one to break that to you but I thought you needed to know!!! Seriously though I am in north central AR and like you I have lived about 3 miles back on a dirt road where it is quiet for 9 years now. I still occasionally leave my doors unlocked and never lock my vehicles. I would never leave a gun in a vehicle over night no matter what. I value them too much and it isn't worth it. But as you have discovered times are a changing.
The dog was actually at the step daughters house about 200 yards away. They got nothing from us, ma's car was locked and mine don't have anything in them. Usually leave mine unlocked figuring the broken window will cost me more than anything in them.
rockratt Likes This 
Old 08-03-2013, 03:04 AM   #27

Liked 14 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

That's why you NEVER leave a firearm unattended or in a vehicle. If you do, it needs to be in a locked vault welded (or at least bolted) to/through the floorboard of the vehicle. If you leave an unattended firearm and it is stolen, or gets into the hands of any unauthorized person, it is indeed your fault.

Old 08-03-2013, 03:23 AM   #28

Liked 541 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

Need a big dog if you live in the country.

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Old 08-03-2013, 03:40 AM   #29

Liked 2611 Times on 1484 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by p35bhp55 View Post
The dog was actually at the step daughters house about 200 yards away. They got nothing from us, ma's car was locked and mine don't have anything in them. Usually leave mine unlocked figuring the broken window will cost me more than anything in them.
Had a break in two years ago. 165$ for one side window.

Old 08-03-2013, 01:48 PM   #30

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverSteve
That's why you NEVER leave a firearm unattended or in a vehicle. If you do, it needs to be in a locked vault welded (or at least bolted) to/through the floorboard of the vehicle. If you leave an unattended firearm and it is stolen, or gets into the hands of any unauthorized person, it is indeed your fault.
The first sentence is great advice. The second sentence does not apply in the state of GA.

Newest Threads