Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Does anyone use .... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/does-anyone-use-85228/)

Stillersfan 02-26-2013 05:35 PM

Does anyone use ....
 
An Ultrasonic Cleaner to clean your guns? If so, what kind .. Im looking to spend $600 on a good cleaner. When the whole family (4) goes to the range I end up with the cleaning.

HOSSFLY 02-26-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillersfan (Post 1155224)
An Ultrasonic Cleaner to clean your guns? If so, what kind .. Im looking to spend $600 on a good cleaner. When the whole family (4) goes to the range I end up with the cleaning.

Be cheeper to teach the others to clean them :D

RUG3R44 02-26-2013 05:49 PM

It's your money but I agree w/ Hossfly. At my house if you shoot it you claen it!
Double check the chambers and hand out cleaning rods and bore cleaner.

Stillersfan 02-26-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY (Post 1155233)
Be cheeper to teach the others to clean them :D

Well.. I can agree with you that my 2 sons should clean what they shoot, but when the wife says ... I make the dinner and do the laundry... You clean my gun. Its hard to tell her NO! LMAO! :D

techiej 02-26-2013 06:12 PM

I use an US for my brass but not my guns...the reason is that you shoudl completely disassemble the gun and by the time I've done that it isn't much more work to manually clean rather than US followed by drying followed bya complete lubing.

I usually do 2-3 handguns and 2-4 rifles and have gotten to the point where I can fully clean/lube all of them (to the field strip level + bolt/firing pin chamber cleaning) in less than an hour. Only if I have to disassemble the trigger assembly does it take any longer.

FYI -- I use Ballistol as a CLP rather than a seperate solvent and oil. The guns include a Ruger Mark III, Glock, Desert Eagle, Garand, an AR15 and a bolt action (varies which one).

locutus 02-26-2013 06:58 PM

Gunsmiths use them for detail cleaning. Don't know which brand though.

Heck, ya gotta completely disassemble a gun to properly clean it anyway, so why not detail it.

Ya might call Brownell's or Sinclair and ask for advice. They're really good folks

If ya can afford it, by all means go for it.

Stillersfan 02-26-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locutus (Post 1155329)
Gunsmiths use them for detail cleaning. Don't know which brand though.

Heck, ya gotta completely disassemble a gun to properly clean it anyway, so why not detail it.

Ya might call Brownell's or Sinclair and ask for advice. They're really good folks

If ya can afford it, by all means go for it.

Thanks! :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:21 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.