Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Do you open carry?? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/do-you-open-carry-76365/)

Stillersfan 11-14-2012 02:46 PM

Do you open carry??

I have owned guns since I can remember and have my CCL. I have never openly carried my pistol but I have considered it. My question is "Do you open carry"? Does the cons out weigh the pros??

hardluk1 11-14-2012 02:50 PM

Not unless I am in the woods. I see no pro to open carry around the generial public. For me I wish to draw no extra attention by haveing a handgun in open display where its not concedered a normal thing to do. I have CC'd for 26 years

danf_fl 11-14-2012 03:02 PM

Welcome to the FTF!
We have an Introductions area if you don't mind stopping by there and say "Hi".

Not knowing where you are from, your state and local laws may be different than mine.
Depending on what I am doing, where I am going, who I will be seeing detemines open carry or concealed.

Stillersfan 11-14-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardluk1 (Post 1014042)
Not unless I am in the woods. I see no pro to open carry around the generial public. For me I wish to draw no extra attention by haveing a handgun in open display where its not concedered a normal thing to do. I have CC'd for 26 years

Thats the way I see it. I want that element of surprise on my side. ;) Although, a few of my buddies do and have been subjected to LEO's who seem as though they dont know what the laws are in PA. I agree that they need to respond to reports of someone with a gun, but how many times have you seen a criminal OC...

rhyno13 11-14-2012 03:05 PM

Not allowed to open carry in Texas. If given the option to I might consider it.

hiwall 11-14-2012 03:12 PM

You can carry however you want here in the free state of Arizona. I often open carry as it it quite common here.

Stillersfan 11-14-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhyno13 (Post 1014071)
Not allowed to open carry in Texas. If given the option to I might consider it.

Oh.. I would not have thought that at all. Not in Texas. Is that in every part of Texas?

JonM 11-14-2012 03:38 PM

Here in wisconsin we have had open carry for years but only recently conceal carry. I vastly prefer ccw. Im not into displaying hardware cept at the range.

But i want oc to be more widespread. It means i dont have to worry about legalities of printing or some sheeple calling cops and getting arrested for printing.

gunnut07 11-14-2012 03:39 PM

Open carry a lot.

To me there is no cons. It is just another way to carry a gun. Oh sure you get the odd soccer mom shooting you the stink eye or some that are checkin out my gun and my sexy butt. Yes I know the bad guys will shoot you first the cops will harass you and all that. Never once has it happened to me. YMMV. I believe it depends on where you are at. If you are in down town Seattle with all the hipsters and Emo's you will more than likely scare them so bad they pee themselves. In the real world no one cares.

Stillersfan 11-14-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiwall (Post 1014078)
You can carry however you want here in the free state of Arizona. I often open carry as it it quite common here.

At least you would have better options living in AZ. I think Alaska is the same if Im not mistaken.