Do you OC or CC?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Do you OC or CC?

View Poll Results: Do you OC or CC?
Open Carry? 4 13.79%
Concelled Carry? 25 86.21%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2011, 04:52 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Do you OC or CC?

Just wondering what most of you guys or gals, usually do as far as open carry or concelled carry?

- Springfield 1911 .45ACP
- SKS Yugo
- GSG 5 .22lr
- Mossberg .410 pump
- M48 yugo mauser
- 91/30 Mosin Nagant

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-06-2011, 05:16 AM   #2

Liked 2625 Times on 1188 Posts
Likes Given: 2543

Mostly cc but sometimes oc depending on where I am. We can do both in my state but I don't go to populated areas and oc. On the other hand I don't freak out if my shirt gets blown open by the wind I just quietly cover it up again. I've never been hassled by the police. In fact the one time I was carrying open and had contact with a sheriffs deputy it was a very positive experience.

Old 03-06-2011, 05:44 AM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Like RJD said, I do both. Just depends on the situation. The answer to the question you were probably asking as far as carrying in public, I carry concealed. Now camping, atv'ing, at the gun range, or things like that, I open carry.

Old 03-06-2011, 05:55 AM   #4

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Out in the woods I OC otherwise I CC.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:02 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 263 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctherock View Post
Out in the woods I OC otherwise I CC.
Ditto for this fellow Oregon resident as well.

No interest in any extra attention when out about town. Technically, OC is legal most places in Oregon...generally it's frowned upon, and hardly worth the headache.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:14 AM   #6

I do both. A lot of times it simply comes down to rather I remember, or rather I'm too lazy to pull my sweat shirt down over the gun or not. In town, in the country, it doesn't matter. Nobody ever says anything, or at least nothing negeative. Once in a while I've gotten a question like "Can I do that?" "Do you need a permit to do that?" Or once "Did you know your pistol is cocked?" kind of thing but that's all (I explained how a 1911 worked and the guy said "OH. Learn something new every day" and went back to pumping his gas).

I've never been asked to leave anywhere. I've never had anybody call the cops. I've never had a cop say anything to me about the gun. Most people either don't notice, or don't care.

Maybe it's because I'm an old, fat, white guy and look pretty harmless, I don't know.

John 3:16 (NKJV)

Old 03-06-2011, 10:15 AM   #7
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2986 Times on 1720 Posts
Likes Given: 1279

I prefer "concealed" (sic) carry

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 03-06-2011, 01:52 PM   #8

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

I feel that OC in a populated area is just a bad idea on so many levels. I OC, like others, in isolated areas though. If I'm in a populated I CC as I don't like people knowing that I'm carrying a gun. It's better for me and it's better for them.

Last edited by Polygon; 03-06-2011 at 03:14 PM.

Old 03-06-2011, 02:03 PM   #9

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I open carry about half of the time when in town. Mostly it depends on what im carrying.

Lately i've been carrying a smith 642 outside the waistband so i do a little of both with that. Sometimes i carry a glock 22 and most always it's open. UNless i have to go to the mall where they have a no firearms sign. Then i conceal since in the commonwealth of kentucky you can do so on private property and havent broken any laws.

I've never had a problem open carrying in town. I've never been asked to leave. I have been asked if i had a permit. IN which case i explained that i didnt need one to openly carry a firearm. I've been asked if i was a cop to which i replied "No", and then went about my business.

I've open carried in the county clerks office but never any other government buildings. Although im told i can open carry in the capital building. Im sure they would not let me, but its legal for me to do so in the court house as well.

I think open carrying is a good thing. it's not as wise of a tactical decision, but i dont carry a gun for tactical purposes. I carry for my own protection, for my own enjoyment and because it is my right.

I've actually had someone come up and thank me for open carrying before. I was in krogers, surprised the heck out of me. Made me feel good inside.

~john

Old 03-06-2011, 03:15 PM   #10

Yea i guess it would be better to not draw any un-needed attention to yourself. Good Point!

- Springfield 1911 .45ACP
- SKS Yugo
- GSG 5 .22lr
- Mossberg .410 pump
- M48 yugo mauser
- 91/30 Mosin Nagant