Do i need a gun??? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Do i need a gun???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2010, 05:49 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

Do you live in Franklin County or work in Franklin County? If yes, then you definately need to look into pepper spray and/or a taser for your personal protection at this point. Putting any firearm, even a rifle or shotgun into the mix (18+ for those) will cause you serious trouble. You need to discuss what protection your employer can provide for you as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 10-13-2010, 06:18 AM   #12

Liked 3740 Times on 1828 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 View Post
since i am of Arab decent that a robber may feel that harming me may have less consequences than others
I have some personal experience with this.

I would say do whatever you feel necessary to defend yourself. A good friend of mine - of Arab descent, was put in a position while at work that he could not have avoided trouble. A more experienced manager could have avoided the ensuing trouble but that was not the case. When I inquired as to why my friend was fired I was told "he is a trouble maker". Of course, when the company execs heard that my position would have been to "assist Tariq in any way possible" that was not received well either.

My position - it is only work ... do what you fell you need to do to go home at night and kiss your family good night

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 10-13-2010, 09:23 AM   #13

Liked 26 Times on 7 Posts

When you have to ask yourself this question - you have not made the commitment necessary to provide for your own defense. Even if you were old enough to carry - you shouldn't - until you KNOW that this is the correct path for you...

Old 10-13-2010, 01:33 PM   #14
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2474 Times on 1326 Posts
Likes Given: 879

But then there's the unfortunate possibility that an Arab-American buying any firearm may get them put on the FBI's watch list in this day and age.

Come to think of it... just being on this forum may put us all on the FBI's watch list. Hmmmm....

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 10-13-2010, 04:09 PM   #15

A good semi-auto chambered in 40 S&W, or 45 ACP would be a good deal.
The 45 will actually be easier to shoot because it's a big, heavy, slower bullet.
An AK-47 is very threatening but are you really going to have time to get to it, get it in battery, and use it ? Whereas you could carry a pistol with a round pre-chambered, hammer down or cocked and locked, draw and shoot right from the hip ! Go with a good handgun, pistol or revolver !
A 357 snubbie is another gun to consider also !

No Son of a Bitch ever won a War by Dying for His Country ! It's the Son of a Bitch who makes the Other Poor Bastard Die for His Country who Wins the War !

George S. Patton, General 3rd Army United States .

Old 10-13-2010, 04:15 PM   #16

Sorry, just noticed your 18 years old ! No handguns for you yet, but a shotgun is obtainable ? This would be up to your boss though as to whether he would allow it in his business ?

No Son of a Bitch ever won a War by Dying for His Country ! It's the Son of a Bitch who makes the Other Poor Bastard Die for His Country who Wins the War !

George S. Patton, General 3rd Army United States .

Old 10-17-2010, 05:40 PM   #17

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

This may sound like irresponsible advice, but I personally was held up when I was at a gas station. Having a gun may very well save your life. If you're in that much danger, I would first consider quitting the job. Second, I think the penalty for carrying a concealed weapon is minor compared to being dead. I've heard numerous stories of people illegally carrying guns, and using them to defend either themselves, or someone else(in this case a guy had a gun in a bank, and shot a robber). In each of these cases, the person that saved their own life, or someone Else's, was set free without any penalties. I am a responsible, law biding citizen when it comes to guns, but, if I was in a situation that my life could be in danger, I would be tempted to carry a weapon illegally. Just my two cents, but make your own decision. You also have to consider how liberal your state is before you pull a stunt like that.

Newest Threads