Do any of you carry your guns?? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Do any of you carry your guns??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2007, 07:47 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I carry a Glock so mine tend to look great despite the fact that I carry them everyday...

Not that it matters...

I carry a Glock because the damn thing works and I shoot it very well.

Old 08-27-2007, 07:13 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yep, Glocks only get better with age.

Glocks make poor safe queens, and truth be known, hate such a life because all the other guns shun them once the door is closed.

Old 09-02-2007, 11:33 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
whats the point of owning a gun and having a permit if you dont carry. i carry all the time and pretty much everywhere i can. i dont feel whole if i am not.

I feel the same way

Calvin

Old 09-06-2007, 12:57 AM   #14

I ve heard that the finish on a glock is so tough that they have been dropped in battery acid and all kinds of horriable things only to come out looking just the same as when they went in. thats just hear say though.

Old 09-06-2007, 01:14 AM   #15

Every day, as much as possible. I've noticed that some guns show less wear than others. My M&P has some holster wear, while the Cougar has none at all. Either it's because the Cougar is steel, or maybe because I carry it IWB? The finish on the M&P slide seems to wear easily.

Old 09-06-2007, 02:24 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirtGun View Post
Do any of you carry your guns around?

Nope, it's illegal.

Old 11-01-2007, 05:25 AM   #17

I carry all my centerfire pistols on occasion. I try to treat them all like the precious flowers they are, but stuff happens. They all have their "beauty marks" as a result of this or that, and I've got every blemish on them all memorized.

Like that little bump on the tip of my wife's nose, or the tiny scar at the corner of my youngest son's left eye. Or the birthmark on my lower right back. Just part of their existence.

I could list them all here from memory, but that would make my fingers too tired.

Old 11-02-2007, 02:37 AM   #18

Depends where I am going......When we travel I often do.
* Rom. 12:12

"The world has yet to see what God can do with and for and through and in a man who is fully and wholly consecrated to Him."
- Henry Varley to DL Moody

"I felt only as a man can feel who is roaming over the prairies of the far West, well armed, and mounted on a fleet and gallant steed." - Buffalo Bill

Old 11-03-2007, 04:16 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by glkguy View Post
I ve heard that the finish on a glock is so tough that they have been dropped in battery acid and all kinds of horriable things only to come out looking just the same as when they went in. thats just hear say though.
Hmm. They're tough all right, but after on and off carry of my G23 for 11 years, it is easy to see some finish wear on the slide. Definitely wouldn't confuse it with a new one.

Old 11-13-2007, 12:33 AM   #20

When I lived in Alabama, I carried frequently. Mostly if I was going out after dark. In the day time, in the area I lived in, you were as safe as you could be anywhere. Most of the time I carried a SA .45 loaded compact in a SOB holster. It worked well, and was very comfortable. I think I carried all of my pistols at one time or another, if only to see how they'd feel as a carry gun. I even carried my big 'ol .44 Magnum on a few occasions (loaded with Specials since I wasn't anticipating an attacking bear).

The closest I ever came to presenting it was when several drunk rednecks decided they wanted to beat on me and a buddy because we had gone to a different high school. After saying "hey, I'm not looking for any trouble" and getting "well, it looks like you found some", I moved my shirt to the side so they could see the butt of my HK .45. I repeated that I wasn't looking for any trouble. They decided to call it a night after that. Had it been 1 on 1, or even 2 on 1, I would have just taken the chance of an asswhipping. But 7 on 2, and all of them bigger than me and I was scared.

Since I moved to Texas, I've not bothered to get a permit, and don't carry. It's much more expensive, you have to burn a day off doing a class, and classes are almost always when I'm working. Maybe some day.