Diamonback Just Announced New 9mm
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Diamonback Just Announced New 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2014, 07:35 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default Diamonback Just Announced New 9mm

Too much stuff to duplicate here, so here's the link to the announcement.

Diamondback DB FS Nine

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-27-2014, 08:25 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 332 Times on 195 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Eh. Not much of a comment here. Don't need one and at that price point I would get another SR9 and have adjustable sights factory installed.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:58 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2215 Times on 1547 Posts
Likes Given: 1150

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokemup View Post
Too much stuff to duplicate here, so here's the link to the announcement.
thank you for the update. In the DB press release you can substitute the "Nine" with "Glock", and the description will still be 95% accurate.
The only difference worth mentioning is: the 1" wide slide; the flared magwell (FWIW); and MSRP $483.
Here is a company that started up with making a micro-glock, then another, then an much needed another AR copy. An interesting business model.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:23 PM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
thank you for the update. In the DB press release you can substitute the "Nine" with "Glock", and the description will still be 95% accurate.
The only difference worth mentioning is: the 1" wide slide; the flared magwell (FWIW); and MSRP $483.
Here is a company that started up with making a micro-glock, then another, then an much needed another AR copy. An interesting business model.
Just 'cause there are others already out there doesn't mean they should just go away. That attitude would have sucked for the likes of DeSoto and AMC. Oh wait... LOL

Anyway, I give them a big ol' "attaboy" for staying in the fray and producing competitive guns. Now if only they had that in a 10mm...

Old 03-27-2014, 09:50 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Just 'cause there are others already out there doesn't mean they should just go away. That attitude would have sucked for the likes of DeSoto and AMC. Oh wait... LOL

Anyway, I give them a big ol' "attaboy" for staying in the fray and producing competitive guns. Now if only they had that in a 10mm...
That's true. Why not.

I was excited about the first DB mini-me glock, then learned first hand how fragile it was.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:19 PM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
That's true. Why not.

I was excited about the first DB mini-me glock, then learned first hand how fragile it was.
I might just have first hand knowledge that the "fragile" areas are going away as new pistols are introduced into the market. The G42 is going through some hate as well at the moment, but they'll eventually work it out. The tiny gun physics is tough to conquer as everything happens so much quicker, and so much more violently after the hammer goes down or the striker releases, making everything very sensitive, even down to the ammo. I'm talking tiny, lighweight guns here, not something like a bloated G26. Just my 02.

Old 03-28-2014, 01:43 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

G26 is bloated. Tell you what. I am packin' up and leavin' this thread before it turns as usual.

Old 03-28-2014, 02:00 AM   #8

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
G26 is bloated. Tell you what. I am packin' up and leavin' this thread before it turns as usual.
Wow. Just using the G26 for comparison. Didn't mean to offend Glock fans.

Old 03-28-2014, 02:23 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Wow. Just using the G26 for comparison. Didn't mean to offend Glock fans.
It was a joke marked with the grinning face. Nothing serious. FYI... Check out the Glock debates when you have time

Old 03-28-2014, 02:53 AM   #10

Liked 2021 Times on 1291 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

I don't know if smokemup is associated with DB, so this is by no means a reflection on him, but I'll just say:
DB got off to a very rocky start with a bad gun and poor customer service. They may be trying to turn that around now, but I don't think I'd consider the brand until they get about five years under their belt making good products.
And yes, there are plenty of other companies that have started like that and gone on to produce good products.
That's just my thought.

Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
You do the math.

People Like This