Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Desperation (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/desperation-83938/)

BeyondTheBox 02-11-2013 04:26 AM

Desperation

I just bought a box of Remington UMC .25 acp for $36 online, because I have a new gun I've yet to shoot and test due to extreme shortages locally...

Yowza!!!

Just had to step back for a moment on that one. Whew!

HOSSFLY 02-11-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox (Post 1133020)
I just bought a box of Remington UMC .25 acp for $36 online, because I have a new gun I've yet to shoot and test due to extreme shortages locally...

Yowza!!!

Just had to step back for a moment on that one. Whew!

I'd of shipped you a box for less than that :eek:

mountainman13 02-11-2013 11:46 AM

That's the first I've heard about a shortage of .25 acp. I would have thought it would be far enough out of the mainstream to not be an issue. Kinda worrisome. I hope .22 mag and 10mm aren't next.

GeneralPatton 02-11-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13 (Post 1133161)
That's the first I've heard about a shortage of .25 acp. I would have thought it would be far enough out of the mainstream to not be an issue. Kinda worrisome. I hope .22 mag and 10mm aren't next.

Locally, all the small calibers are depleted with the exception of the .17hmr and .22mag. What boggles me is that even the .32 rounds are now at least .50 each :confused:

gearhead396 02-11-2013 04:33 PM

I was talking to my dad who spends all day watching different news Channels and is very involved in politics very right wing. He said all the government agency's are buying ammo in hoards even raw brass scary stuff

towboater 02-11-2013 05:20 PM

Im guessing that our Government is buying it, to keep it out of out hands.

FrontierTCB 02-11-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gearhead396
I was talking to my dad who spends all day watching different news Channels and is very involved in politics very right wing. He said all the government agency's are buying ammo in hoards even raw brass scary stuff

Yep. Even local police depts. especially the smaller ones that do not have an indoor range have Spring and Fall qualifications. The training officers are usually "gun guys" also and are aware of the possibility of no ammo being available.

towboater 02-11-2013 05:22 PM

Its easier to take the ammo than the guns.

jgoertz 02-11-2013 05:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Went to Academy this AM. The Mgr said that he sold out of today's shipment of .223 in one hour. The reason it took an hour was that he would only sell two boxes per person. I bought a box of Remington .45 . He would only sell one box per person. BUT, he was selling it for $18.22/ box. He was discounting all ammo as much as he could. I shop there regularly and will continue to do so .

I also shot this picture of the front door.

John_Deer 02-11-2013 06:01 PM

Our local sheriffs dept (25 officers) is scheduling training and qualifications based on when they have ammo, not on the basis of need. It seems like DHS could work with law enforcement agencies to share the wealth.

I don't buy the media reports that the federal government is buying up all the ammo. They told so many lies on both sides during the election I don't believe it until I see it. I believe that ammo and gun manufacturers have cut production because they know gun owners will point the finger at Obama instead of turning on them. Remember Ruger and S&W almost going under because gun owners boycotted their products? If big money knows people don't want to believe the truth they will take advantage of the situation.