Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Desert eagle (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/desert-eagle-95181/)

adwye7 08-09-2013 08:07 AM

Desert eagle

3 Attachment(s)
Anyone know how to fix a gun so it will stop jamming? i can easily handle this gun and its recoil but it jams still? any ideas on what to do about it or what the cause might be?

DrumJunkie 08-09-2013 08:13 AM

Is it just not ejecting?
Stove piping?
Not feeding properly. All these issues have different cures.

adwye7 08-09-2013 08:25 AM

just wont cycle properly sometimes, Dont mind my profile pic i dont hold the gun like that while i shoot, idk what i was doing in that pic exactly, i think trying to get a good pic but the weight of the gun made me feel the need to hold it like so

therewolf 08-09-2013 09:51 AM

Well, FOUR things:

1. Let the magazine hang. Do not push

it up into the pistol with your support hand.

It will hang down loose, @ 1/8th of an inch. That's OK.

You have to position your left hand differently, so it is

not under the magazine. It takes some getting used to.

2. Firmly resist the recoil. The gun has two return springs,

and if you don't hold it firmly, it won't cycle properly.

3. Forget all that crap you see in the movies. The 50AE is,

for all intents and purposes, light armor busting. Tightly grip

it with BOTH HANDS.

4. Deep clean your unit. Field strip it, and give it some love.

Your first picture looks like the chamber is crammed with glop.

When I got mine, it had about 3 pounds of dirt accumulation in the

system. Frankly, I would have been surprised if it cycled at all, at that point.

Let us know how your next range trip goes...

hmh 08-09-2013 11:02 AM

Dont use cheap blazer ammo

adwye7 08-09-2013 11:28 AM

I dont have a problem with the recoil at all, by the way the desert eagle was a little dirty after a field strip but it was fairly easy to clean up, it seems to work faily better now, i dont use a range but the way i shoot it on a private property. thanks for the feedback.

adwye7 08-09-2013 11:37 AM

i use considerably good ammunition for this gun, not exactly the practical, cheap stuff, bit more costly .50AE 300 grain

*correction, i meant 325 grain*

CrazedJava 08-09-2013 02:57 PM

I don't think therewolf was suggesting you have a problem with the recoil, but rather if your grip is not firm the gun may have problem cycling. This is not uncommon with a lot of autoloading pistols.

I have heard that due to the way the Desert Eagle works it can get pretty damn dirty. You may want to give it a good deep cleaning and make sure you get all the lubrication points when you are reassembling. It doesn't need to be dripping oil but all the proper moving parts need to be shown some love.

You wouldn't believe how many "problem" guns I've seen fixed just by following the manual and making sure everything is properly cleaned and lubed. A lot of people who are around guns assume they know what to do despite the little idiosyncrasies each gun can have.

hmh 08-09-2013 03:35 PM

Ok I had a friend with a similar problem and it ended up being cheap ammo.

jed007 08-09-2013 03:42 PM

If you like I am a certified and Licensed Armorer and Gunsmith. I can take a look at it, throw it into my cleaning machine and go through the entire gun as well as test fire before sending it back. You can reach me at 914-806-4744 I am located in NY, Retired from the PD.