Desert Eagle .50ae accuracy
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Desert Eagle .50ae accuracy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2011, 04:49 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Desert Eagle .50ae accuracy

Ive heard bad and good about its accuracy... now I wanna hear more since finding info about it is scarce on the web... Going hunting in 2 weeks with the DE .50ae... we have and in past years its been very un-accurate, I have not personaly hunted with it alone and have not personaly sighted it in. My father says it could be him flinching because its always shooting like a foot or even 3 feet low when he aims... its fitted with a burris handgun scope with a posi lock and were shooting the typical 300 grn hollowpoints by speer but this year we have the hornady 300grn bullets, all coming out of a 6 inch barrel... I only need 50 yards to shoot. so since my hands are bigger to grip the gun and with a good rest and a solid shot what possible groups can I get? or is it just a trash gun for accuracy? 3 inch groups are fine 5 is pushing it a bit

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-27-2011, 05:26 AM   #2

Liked 72 Times on 46 Posts

Can you share your age with us? This would help us (me) understand whats with these post?
What are you asking or wanting to know?

Signing out, Alpha1victor.

Old 10-27-2011, 05:53 AM   #3

Im 18 turning 19... I first shot it when I was 13 at a large doe... took her down quick, musta been adrenalin dat kept me so fearless about the gun. Usually and mainly my father uses it and i shoot it a couple times at the range... knowing and reading more about shooting I learned to shoot alot better recently put 3 shots out of our TC encore .308 handgun under an inch at 100 yards all 3 shots touched... Im not really a noobie at shooting Im a natural shot but I always can learn more and ofcourse would want to learn more. Im just wondering if I can keep the gun steady and keep my shots solid will a decent group show up at 50 yards or as i stated is the gun just a trash gun for accuracy

Old 10-27-2011, 10:59 AM   #4
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21582 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangunner308 View Post
Im 18 turning 19... I first shot it when I was 13 at a large doe... took her down quick, musta been adrenalin dat kept me so fearless about the gun. Usually and mainly my father uses it and i shoot it a couple times at the range... knowing and reading more about shooting I learned to shoot alot better recently put 3 shots out of our TC encore .308 handgun under an inch at 100 yards all 3 shots touched... Im not really a noobie at shooting Im a natural shot but I always can learn more and ofcourse would want to learn more. Im just wondering if I can keep the gun steady and keep my shots solid will a decent group show up at 50 yards or as i stated is the gun just a trash gun for accuracy
IMO, shooting any gun just a couple of times is not enough to know how the gun shoots or if you are even capable of shooting it accurately. also i feel there are probably a lot better guns for hunting with than a DE 50AE. i feel your encore 308 would be much better. way more accurate. the DE is accurate at the ranges it was designed for, the encore is a hunting and target pistol, so way better for deer hunting.

Old 10-27-2011, 01:59 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5669 Times on 2961 Posts
Likes Given: 375

The 50AE desert eagle is amazingly accurate. When i used to shoot the one my wife took from me a lot i could hit coke cans with ease at 100 yards. I dont shoot it much anymore as i find it unpleasent to shoot nowadays. Tastes change.

If you find a de being innaccurate either the optic has been beat to hell which happens easily with that gun. Or more liekly the shooter is having a serious case of flinch. They are NOT easy guns to shoot with any consistant accuracy.

They are extremely accurate but it takes an exceptional amount of practice to get that out of one

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-27-2011, 03:58 PM   #6

Liked 89 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Not an easy one to handle without a "lot" of practice. Mine was very accurate at reasonable ranges and at 50 yards, 1 1/2" groups were the norm from a field rest. I did sell it over 20 years ago. The grip frame was just too large for my hands to be comfortable to hunt with,

Jim..........

Visit me on FaceBook at Alvord Limited Custom Gunsmithing.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alvord-Limited-Custom-gunsmithing/637828296334671?ref=bookmarks

Old 10-27-2011, 04:30 PM   #7

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

I can reliably get 3" groups at 50 yards from a sitting position, resting my arms on my knees. You need a lot of practice with this gun to feel comfortable with it. If you can rest your hands/arms on something solid, that's key with it IMHO.

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

Old 10-27-2011, 04:57 PM   #8

thanks guys i apreciate it... my fathers using the TC encore, im stuck with the shotty that shoots a scattered pattern at 100 yards though they are within 5-7 inches and at 50 yards the shots touch but they seem to start walking to the left as you can tell any more shots and you basickly have cut the target half way with slugs. the shotty is what we would say good enough since the furthest shot i can be presented with is 50 yards maybe 70 but deer usualy walk in as close as 20 yards unless they start going downhill. I will try my best and try to be as accurate as i can with the DE, but another thing to consider is to zero in at 50 and find the impact points at 25 yards as well for close shots

Old 10-29-2011, 07:07 PM   #9

just got back with good news... got my shots within 3 inches at 50 yards, could be better but that just meanas more time to practice! Im happy now I know the gun itself is accurate the whole time it was user error I guess. My father and uncle now have to accept the fact that they were the bad sots not the gun LOL

Old 10-30-2011, 03:15 AM   #10

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

Good shootin'! More practice will only improve your shooting. Good luck to ya!

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper