Decisions, decisions, decisions.....
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Decisions, decisions, decisions.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2011, 06:42 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Decisions, decisions, decisions.....

Help me out here folks.

I am torn between two fine examples of the 1911, the Nighthawk T3 and the Wilson Combat Elite Professional. It would help if I had the opportunity to handle and fire the Nighthawk, but alas, I have not. All of my experience with Wilson Combat has of course been excellent. If any members here have owned and carried the Nighthawk, I'd like your thoughts, if you would be so kind. Objective opinions are hard to come by these days. Thanks in advance.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-11-2011, 12:31 AM   #2

Liked 1420 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

I think Bill Wilson wishes he could build a gun like the T3.

Just this old man's opinion.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 09-11-2011, 09:52 AM   #3
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2970 Times on 1713 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

Mr Canebrake and myself are of the same opinion.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 09-11-2011, 03:04 PM   #4

That seems to be the prevailing attitude of everyone I speak with about this. Still have a choice to make. Should probably just buy a Kimber, save a couple thousand bucks, and be happy with that.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:12 PM   #5

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Both look to be fine examples of mid sized 1911's. Between those two, Les Baer, and Ed Brown, it would be hard to go wrong. I've owned a Kimber which never let me down but once I had an Ed Brown there was no going back. Unless you are a small framed dude, wish I still was , I'd go with a full sized 5 incher personally. Clint has it right in my book that a pistol should be comforting and FWIW, I do not find my Special Forces 5 incher at 38 ounces + to be the least bit uncomfortable even after carrying all day long. And Ed does make a 4.25 inch SF, even with a bobtail, if that floats your boat.

Not trying to sway you from Nighthawk or Wilson as both look to be great. Never fired either as I got hooked by Ed before shooting either. Won't use any mag other than Wilson's though and I've regularly dreamed of his CQB. But two Special Forces later, I've moved on to other dreams.