Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Decisions, decisions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2009, 10:38 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Yeah, I catch a lot of flack for my truck. It's very reliable and I fixed the doom-impending fuel leak. But the broken windshield, missing passenger mirror, wreck damage, missing emissions equipment, and lack of any and all amenities that people find so importent these days (doors not held shut by coat hangers) make it a bit un welcome to just about everyone. But it gets me where I need to go, as long as there are no cops to pull me over for their "most violations from a single vehicle" contest.

Old 08-22-2009, 06:12 PM   #22

I hijacked my own thread....now I'm sad.

Umm, in the vain hopes of getting back on track. How about .40 cal? I don't know much about this particular size, but most pistols that are popular in 9mm can be had in .40 as well. The ammunition is about the same price as 9mm ammo and around here at least seems to be MORE available. Thoughts?

Old 08-23-2009, 01:08 AM   #23

Most people say that the .40 is a snappier recoil and has more flip than either 9mm or .45acp. I've never shot a polymer 9mm or a steel .40 so I will withhold my personal experience until I have shot the same type and make of pistol in both calibers.

The ammo problem should resolve itself once the mass hysteria dies down (if it ever does) and 9mm will be readily available and cheap again.

"I have always felt that a politician is to be judged by the animosities he excites among his opponents." - Winston Churchill

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton