Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > It is decision making time.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2011, 12:14 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default It is decision making time.....

Thinking about purchasing either the Sig P250c or the SW9VE. I can't really make up my mind. They are really different guns and I can't decide which would be a better fit.

I will use it mainly for home defense.
Some target and general fun in the desert type of shooting.

I feel like the Sigma might be more reliable, but I like the idea of the modular Sig. I'm fighting the .40 cal demons and feel like the ability to have a .40 cal barrel and full frame easily available would make the Sig a better buy....then of course there is always the SW40VE.....

Can anyone really stand up for one or the other for me?

Not sure if this plays a role or not, but this will be the first semi-auto handgun that I own. Up until now it has all been about the wheel gun.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-31-2011, 03:13 AM   #2

I fell into the modular concept idea of the Sig P-250 and purchased one in .40 S&W, it was my first "plastic" gun, I was very disappointed with it!

I have heard others that love it, but my particular gun would not empty a full magazine (came with 2 and tried them both) without a ftf or fte, and I didn't like the way my hand always seemed to be on the mag release button.

Not bashing Sigs, I have a P-226 and P-220 that are extremely reliable. Just one man's experience!

I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.
-Ayn Rand

Old 07-31-2011, 05:31 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

I owned a SW40VE at one time. It was reliable but in my opinion the trigger pull was just too heavy. As a result I was never very accurate with it. I would strongly suggest trying a rental first if possible to see if you will like it before laying down the cash. Used Sigmas are a tough sell and do not hold their value as well as many other pistols. That said the Sigma has something of a reputation for poor quality and malfunctions. This was the case with the early Sigmas and particularly the .380 version which is no longer produced. The current version is a reliable well made pistol. I really think S&W screwed up by not renaming it after the redesign. Lots of folks refer to them as the "Stigma".

The only Sig I have owned is the P220 so I can't comment on the P-250. I will say though that lately Sig has developed a reputation for spotty QC.

Last edited by BrassMonkey; 07-31-2011 at 03:41 PM.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:41 PM   #4

Default 1rst Gen versus 2nd Gen P250

From what I have been able to research it sounds like both guns have worked the kinks out in their 2nd Gen designs.

How can you spot the difference between the 2 generations with the P250?