The Deagle
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > The Deagle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2007, 04:29 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default The Deagle

Why do so many people prefer the .50 AE Desert Eagle? What are some comparable guns to it? Why is the Desert Eagle a model of a gun not a manufacturer, what other guns are like this?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-21-2007, 07:14 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeroyPanzer View Post
Why do so many people prefer the .50 AE Desert Eagle? What are some comparable guns to it? Why is the Desert Eagle a model of a gun not a manufacturer, what other guns are like this?

LOL, What was the question?

Old 07-23-2007, 08:11 PM   #3

To try to answer your question(s) in order of being posed:

I'm not sure that many people prefer the DE in the .50AE chambering, the ammo is not readily available, it's expensive (figure about $1.75 a round, when it can be found, last I saw). The DE also comes in .357 Magnum and .44 Magnum, which are less expensive and more commonly acquired.
I have seen pictures of a DE in .50AE fired at night, and it does produce a VERY IMPRESSIVE muzzle blast. I can only think of two or three people that could get away with conceal carrying a DE (one is a current governor, the other is an ex-governor).

The only handguns that would be comparable to the DE for sheer self-abuse would be the Taurus Raging Bull in .454 Casull and the Smith & Wesson .500 Magnum, both revolvers. I would consider all three to be exercises in more recreation fund than shooting enjoyment. For an auto-loader, maybe another DE.

Magnum Research Incorporated (the importer/distributor of the DE) handles more than just the DE. I have a CZ75B that was imported/distributed by MRI. Their inventory has changed over the years. Anybody that relies on one product in the lineup to stay in business is looking to be out of business shortly.

Last edited by Cliff47; 07-23-2007 at 08:16 PM.