Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > cz83

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2011, 02:49 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default cz83

I ordered a new CZ83, but received a scratched and dented product. I had to pay an extra $66.75 to return the damaged CZ83 to CZ USA for a replacement. This will be the last CZ product I will purchase.

Last edited by hisc254; 08-24-2011 at 02:51 PM. Reason: misspelling

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-24-2011, 03:08 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

That's why I only buy firearms at local shops so I can actually see the product for myself before buying it. Sorry to hear about your misfortune with CZ.

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 08-24-2011, 04:13 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

That's too bad about your CZ. They should have paid the return shipping. Did you ask them? At this point, maybe they will compensate you with some magazines or accessories. (If you ask)

Welcome to the FTF. Please head over to the New Member Introduction forum and introduce yourself to the folks.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-24-2011, 05:48 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 234 Times on 186 Posts
Likes Given: 29

1) Did you somehow order direct from CZ? If so, this is a CZ problem and you should not have accepted it under those circumstances....and they should be covering all further costs.

2) Did you order from an online distributor who merely sells CZ products? This seems more likely to me. In this case, you should have inspected the product for what sounds like obvious problems before taking the transfer. You can decline the transfer and RTS if the distributor fails to deliver the product as described. Once it's transferred over to you, you've essentially said "this is acceptable" and have taken ownership of many obvious problems.

I'm not saying CZ shouldn't be more customer friendly in this case, but based on the limited info I have to wonder why you'd be willing to have such an obviously flawed gun transferred over to you under these circumstances. When it comes to blind online purchases, there is certainly a time when the consumer needs to step up say "nope, that's not gonna cut it".

Old 08-25-2011, 01:56 PM   #5

Default cz 83

good advise on buying from a local dealer next time. someone you can take the gun back to for warranty repairs without the hassle and time of shipping accross states. cz usa warrants the cz83 for 5 years. they did replace the gun with an outstanding product not having the defects, just did not honor their warranty card language to pay the related transportation charge to the facilityy of cz usa. i learned that you can not understand all the defects of a gun until you get it home, inpect under decent lighting, and dry fire/exercise the gun's mechanisms. that's not always a comfortable thing to do at a busy transfer facility.

Old 08-25-2011, 05:35 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 234 Times on 186 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by hisc254 View Post
good advise on buying from a local dealer next time. someone you can take the gun back to for warranty repairs without the hassle and time of shipping accross states. cz usa warrants the cz83 for 5 years. they did replace the gun with an outstanding product not having the defects, just did not honor their warranty card language to pay the related transportation charge to the facilityy of cz usa. i learned that you can not understand all the defects of a gun until you get it home, inpect under decent lighting, and dry fire/exercise the gun's mechanisms. that's not always a comfortable thing to do at a busy transfer facility.
From CZ's perspective regarding a damaged firearm, that gun may have gone through multiple distributors (even if new) before it got you...with each transferee taking it as an acceptable firearm. In other words, they may have approached this as if there's a good chance that it was damaged after it left their facility. That's why it's so crucial to be in a position to inspect the firearm before the transfer, especially if you haven't held it until that very moment.

I'd like to see CZ cover your costs regardless, and there are some comanies who would do this (S&W comes to mind). But if these are potentially post-factory damages, their position isn't without merit. If on the other hand you feel these flaws clearly took place on the factory floor, I would advise contacting their costumer service and requesting a shipping refund for all charges. Give them all the pertinent info including that you feel it was a factory lapse, ser#, work/repair invoice#, etc. If it was their QC who dropped the ball, it absolutely should be coming out of their wallet.

Best of luck.

Old 08-26-2011, 02:09 PM   #7

Default cz83

scratches on trigger and dents on handle frame were definately done prior to cz usa shipping the gun to me. also, learned by talking with the cz usa supervisor that they do not inspect guns before they ship which explains why the last two cz products i ordered and returned for replacement were received damaged in their factory sealed box. when you go throught this kind of hassle and cost, the local dealers price was not bad afterall. cz usa has refused to pay the cost of returning the defective gun to their facility for repair/replacement, even if it is their pre-shipment defect. never again.

Old 08-26-2011, 03:29 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1719 Times on 894 Posts
Likes Given: 3644

You should post your problem here.
The Original CZ Forum - Index