Cz75bd - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Cz75bd

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2011, 05:44 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
...Then, SA means I have to keep pulling back the hammer? That second part would be a problem for me....
The action of the slide moving to the rear and then back into battery will leave the hammer cocked after each shot. So, the short answer is no.

FWIW, I really enjoy my CZ75B. I added a set of Hogue wrap around grips to it and it fits my hand very nicely.

If you are still leaning towards a poly gun, give the S&W M&P9 a look too. Should be in the same price range as the PX4. I really like my M&P40c and can imagine that a fullsize 9mm would shoot even better.

Last edited by russ; 02-27-2011 at 05:48 PM.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:31 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 11 Times on 5 Posts

I was curious if Tuco was strictly looking at 9mm or maybe giving a .40 cal. a try. I bought a Steyr M40 A1 in .40 cal. My friends and I call it the plastic fantastic, mine came with 2 12 rnd. mags mag pouch and a paddle holster for around $ 525.00. This gun has a nice triangle front sight and it shoots great, I think.

Old 02-27-2011, 08:16 PM   #23

Tuco,
A pistol is a very personal item so go for the one that suits you best. The cZ 75 just felt right when I first hefted one and I now have several. The BHP is another fine pistol that I like, but price is a deterrent. Wish they could lower the price and I would buy another. There are some good HP clones which merit consideration, but they are becoming less plentiful as well.

Old 02-27-2011, 10:29 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ View Post
The action of the slide moving to the rear and then back into battery will leave the hammer cocked after each shot. So, the short answer is no.
OK, then that it OK. I am willing to pull the hammer back once. I'll ask about the BHP.

Quote:
FWIW, I really enjoy my CZ75B. I added a set of Hogue wrap around grips to it and it fits my hand very nicely.
With all the good press, I wanted to like it too.

[/QUOTE]If you are still leaning towards a poly gun, give the S&W M&P9 a look too.[/QUOTE]

OK! I absolutely will. Glad to have a couple more options. The guy at the gun store pointed me away from one of the S&W's. Do any have a bad rep, or do you think he was happier to see me buy a Sig when I was leaning that way due to the price point? Sorry, forget which S&W it was. It cost about $350 I think.

@ County Boy,

I am looking for a 9mm. I thought I would go for a .40, but after shooing, I think a 9mm will be enough kick for me...for now. I wasn't even shooting +P ammo. I'm sure I can find heavier hitting 9mm ammo then what I was shooting!

@ Takarra,

I guess I could look into some of the HP clones. I'll probably just look to the BHP and the M&P9 though.

Old 02-27-2011, 10:55 PM   #25

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Ok T, time to have the man talk.

Forget the plastic Beretta!!! Get the CZ!!!

Old 02-27-2011, 11:07 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojubrian View Post
ok t, time to have the man talk.

Forget the plastic beretta!!! Get the cz!!! :d
lol!

Old 02-27-2011, 11:12 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

The M&P is an excellent quality pistol.

Try not to pay too much attention to gun shop salesmen. First, they all have their biases, second, most of them talk out of their azzes, third, they try to sell what they have in stock.

Feel and compare and shoot as many pistols as you can. Do your research. Then make your decision and don't look back. If you did your homework, you made the right choice.

Your tastes may change down the road and that's part of the process. If that's the case, you can then sell the one you have or keep it and add a new pistol to the family.

So get what you want now, it's not a marriage.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-28-2011, 12:07 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
The M&P is an excellent quality pistol.

First, they all have their biases, second, most of them talk out of their azzes, third, they try to sell what they have in stock.
They did try to sell me what they have in stock. Pissed me off. I understand it though. They know that if I'm smart I'll buy from Bud's Gun Shop anyways.

Quote:
Feel and compare and shoot as many pistols as you can. Do your research. Then make your decision and don't look back. If you did your homework, you made the right choice.
I guess your right. I drove 20 miles to hold the CZ75B, but I should have a goal to hold as many as possible.

Quote:
Your tastes may change down the road and that's part of the process. If that's the case, you can then sell the one you have or keep it and add a new pistol to the family.

So get what you want now, it's not a marriage.
Very good point. Thanks!

Old 02-28-2011, 12:53 AM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I had always had revolvers. My first semi auto was a 3rd generation Glock 19. To this day, I still think it's a great pistol. However, my second pistol was a Springfield Armory Mil Spec 1911 and very quickly that Glock got sold to a friend.

Since then, I've owned a bunch of handguns, both pistols and revolvers. Long guns too. Working part time in a gun shop enabled me to do that. Since I no longer have that type of access or discount or finances, I'm down to two pistols.

But, they're both 1911's, so I'm a happy guy.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-28-2011, 01:05 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I had always had revolvers. My first semi auto was a 3rd generation Glock 19. To this day, I still think it's a great pistol. However, my second pistol was a Springfield Armory Mil Spec 1911 and very quickly that Glock got sold to a friend.

Since then, I've owned a bunch of handguns, both pistols and revolvers. Long guns too. Working part time in a gun shop enabled me to do that. Since I no longer have that type of access or discount or finances, I'm down to two pistols.

But, they're both 1911's, so I'm a happy guy.
I liked the 1911 I held very much. Maybe someday.

Newest Threads