Cz75bd - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Cz75bd

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2011, 11:32 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 112
Default

Tuco,
Did you get the opportunity to shoot the 75? The hearder in your OP stated 75 BD. That is the decocker model of the 75 B, which is DA/SA.

__________________
tekarra is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 01:18 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 52
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekarra View Post
Tuco,
Did you get the opportunity to shoot the 75? The hearder in your OP stated 75 BD. That is the decocker model of the 75 B, which is DA/SA.
tekarra,

I didn't shoot the CZ's. I sat there and held the 75B for some time. It was not the BD, but it didn't really matter. I didn't like how it felt in my hand. I liked the action on a dry-fire, but it just didn't feel as good as the PX4. The polymer version either.

I didn't bother to shoot it. I would have liked to, but I didn't want to spend the money. I think if I were going to get a metal gun, I would get the Sig P226...though that would cost a bit more.

Does that make sense, or do you think I slept something?
__________________
Tuco is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 01:25 AM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 52
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Goju, I have not experienced the "gritty trigger" on my CZ75B? I did notice that in SA mode the hammer does come "slightly" to the rear before the sear releases it but mine is quite smooth. I'm wondering if the fact that mine is the hi polished SS model makes and difference in the polishing of internal components?

TACK
Tackleberry1,

You CZ looks really nice. I usually don't go for the steel color (?) on guns, I like them black; but for some reason I like the looks of the metal on the CZ75. That probably doesn't make sense, but it's true.

By the way, the trigger didn't seem gritty to me, and the serrations in the grip bit into my hand quite enough. The sights were kind of small.

I didn't like the slide (I knew it would be an issue), and the grip didn't conform to my hand nicely. I'm glad you like yours though. It is very pretty, and I hear it is accurate and reliable.
__________________
Tuco is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 01:55 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
CA357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 19,871
Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Default

Tuco, see if you can get your hands on a Hi Power to try before you make your final decision.

__________________
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams
CA357 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 02:41 AM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 52
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Tuco, see if you can get your hands on a Hi Power to try before you make your final decision.
Will do. The PX4 is out of stock at my local gun store and at Bud's Gun Shop. I'll see if I can get a Hi Power in my hands. I've heard about them a lot, so I'll go look them up.

Thanks!
__________________
Tuco is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 02:56 AM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 52
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Tuco, see if you can get your hands on a Hi Power to try before you make your final decision.
CA357,

I'll see if the local gun shop has one, but I am not going to want to spend $800 on a Hi Power. I am interested in it though. It is really interesting to know a little about the guns everyone talks about. In the last 8 days I've handled what to me seems like a lot. It feels really good.
__________________
Tuco is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 03:00 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
CA357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 19,871
Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Default

I understand all about budgets. The Hi Power is a John Moses Browning design and it's called the "King of the Nines" for a reason. Check one out when you can and if it feels right, put it on your wish list.

... along with a 1911 of course.

__________________
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams
CA357 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 03:18 AM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 52
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I understand all about budgets. The Hi Power is a John Moses Browning design and it's called the "King of the Nines" for a reason. Check one out when you can and if it feels right, put it on your wish list.

... along with a 1911 of course.
Convincing point! Instead of putting it on my wish list, I may put it on lay-away instead!

I liked the 1911 very much. Why do they call the Hi Power "King of the Nines"?
__________________
Tuco is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:10 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
sweeper22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,404
Liked 248 Times on 195 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
Why do they call the Hi Power "King of the Nines"?
It's sort of the orginal "wonder nine", ushering in the double column magazine fit to 1911 styling.

BHPs are really nice weapons. I prefer the CZ 75 myself (I have both). There are subtle differences between the two, but they're essentially in the same class. Brownings look a little prettier, CZs are bit heavier and seemingly more rugged.

Both are top shelf when it comes to balance, reliability, and accuracy. Browning is SA, CZ is DA/SA. If you're in the habit of manually pulling back the hammer before the first shot (or carrying condition one), then the action is basically the same.

In my mind, they're on pretty equal footing. The CZ's typically cost $200-300 less, which sways my wallet a bit. When the time comes to buy something a little "heavier", you really can't go wrong with a BHP, CZ 75, or Sig P22#...just pick which ever you like best. And as I mentioned in another thread, the $350 Hi-Power clones (FEG, FM Argentine, Arcus, etc) are worth a look too.
__________________
sweeper22 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:19 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 52
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22 View Post
It's sort of the orginal "wonder nine", ushering in the double column magazine fit to 1911 styling.

BHPs are really nice weapons. I prefer the CZ 75 myself (I have both). There are subtle differences between the two, but they're essentially in the same class. Brownings look a little prettier, CZs are bit heavier and seemingly more rugged.

Both are top shelf when it comes to balance, reliability, and accuracy. Browning is SA, CZ is DA/SA. If you're in the habit of manually pulling back the hammer before the first shot (or carrying condition one), then the action is basically the same.

In my mind, they're on pretty equal footing. The CZ's typically cost $200-300 less, which sways my wallet a bit. When the time comes to buy something a little "heavier", you really can't go wrong with a BHP, CZ 75, or Sig P22#...just pick which ever you like best. And as I mentioned in another thread, the $350 Hi-Power clones (FEG, FM Argentine, Arcus, etc) are worth a look too.
I see. I did some research right after I got your post on the Hi Power. I first landed on a clone. I could go for a clone, but I'm a purest. That doesn't mean I want a black powder gun of course.

I don't want to walk around cocked and locked. Do I understand correctly that I could just pull back the hammer when the time comes, if I'm willing to do that? Then, SA means I have to keep pulling back the hammer? That second part would be a problem for me.

I really liked the 1911. I really liked the Sig. I guess I'll try one more and decide on my second hand gun for later. Patience is a virtue, but being rich would be fun.
__________________
Tuco is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes