Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Cz75bd (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/cz75bd-38997/)

Tuco 02-26-2011 01:19 AM

Cz75bd

At this point, I have shot the PX4, Sig P229 (they didn't have a 226 to rent), and a Walther P99. I decided that I do want a polymer gun. I planned on buying the PX4 and would have that day, but they didn't have one in stock.

To make a long story short, I want to try the CZ75B that everyone talks about, but nobody has one for rent. I can find them to buy, but then I wouldn't get to fire it before buying. R-r-r.

I could buy the PX4 now--I really like it; but I want to fire a CZ75B. Does anybody live in the Atlanta area, own a CZ75B, and want to help a guy out?

:Tuco prays:

Thanks

Gojubrian 02-26-2011 03:47 AM

That's not a polymer, is it???

I like the CZ75b a lot! Great ergonomics, paintability, and very accurate. My only complaints about them are the gritty double action trigger, tiny sights, and the grip serrations are too shallow.

Sorry I can't help you out.

Gojubrian 02-26-2011 03:49 AM

Oh, FWIW, I would rate the CZ above the PX4 myself.

Tuco 02-26-2011 03:59 AM

I'd like to shoot someones CZ75B

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojubrian (Post 453604)

Sorry I can't help you out.

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear. No, I don't think it is a polymer. I am waffling there. I have decided again that I want a polymer, except that I want to try the CZ75B before I buy the PX4 because of everything I've heard about it.

I appreciate your critical review. I need to know that stuff too.

Do you think the gritty trigger action will ever feel more smooth?
Can you get another grip for it? Sites?

Thanks

Gojubrian 02-26-2011 04:11 AM

You can get better grips for it, but you are stuck with the slide serrations without some major custom work. Different sights are available for them without much hassle.
Have you looked at the CZ SP01 Tactical or Phantom? The tactical is like a cz75b with a rail and the phantom is the same thing but only polymer. Budsgunshop has some good deals on them now.

What will the duty of the gun be? Range , carry , home defense? All three?

Tuco 02-26-2011 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojubrian (Post 453627)
You can get better grips for it, but you are stuck with the slide serrations without some major custom work. Different sights are available for them without much hassle.
Have you looked at the CZ SP01 Tactical or Phantom? The tactical is like a cz75b with a rail and the phantom is the same thing but only polymer. Budsgunshop has some good deals on them now.

What will the duty of the gun be? Range , carry , home defense? All three?

Gojubrian,

I have just been checking out the SP01 Tactical and Phantom. I read that the phantom does not accept the Kadet kit, which is too bad. I loved the idea of the polymer version. I wanted to give the 75B a chance anyway, so the tactical would be sweet.

I'll be using this for HD and the range. If I get a gun for CC, It'll be down the road, and I'll probably get a small pocket gun.

What's wrong with the slide serrations?
Do you find the slide difficult to push back? There isn't much there.

Gojubrian 02-26-2011 04:48 AM

I found the slide serrations too shallow and prone to slip when "racking" the slide.
With the quality and overall feel of the CZ I can get over the shortfall of the serrations. :)
Btw, I think you could get a good quality browning .22 for the price of the kadet kit.

Tuco 02-26-2011 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojubrian (Post 453661)
I found the slide serrations too shallow and prone to slip when "racking" the slide.
With the quality and overall feel of the CZ I can get over the shortfall of the serrations. :)
Btw, I think you could get a good quality browning .22 for the price of the kadet kit.

Good to know on both counts.

Thanks.

Tuco 02-26-2011 09:08 PM

Probable decision after handling the CZ75B

Just to let you know, I found a range here in Atlanta, Sandy Springs Gun Club and Range, with a couple CZ75B's for sale and at least one to rent. One was a commemorative to the old republic. It had a red star on it, and an engraved hammer and sickle. I would have bought the regular version.

In any case, I spent a while handling it alongside the PX4. I just felt more comfortable with the PX4. I do believe it is the one I will get.

I will let everyone know, but I want to thank the site for all of the help through different threads that you have given.

Tackleberry1 02-26-2011 10:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojubrian (Post 453604)

I like the CZ75b a lot! Great ergonomics, paintability, and very accurate. My only complaints about them are the gritty double action trigger, tiny sights, and the grip serrations are too shallow.

Goju, I have not experienced the "gritty trigger" on my CZ75B? I did notice that in SA mode the hammer does come "slightly" to the rear before the sear releases it but mine is quite smooth. I'm wondering if the fact that mine is the hi polished SS model makes and difference in the polishing of internal components?

TACK