Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > CZ75 Grips...some different ones

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2009, 09:38 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default CZ75 Grips...some different ones

Hi guys,

for those of you, looking for some really sweet grips for your CZ75 (no matter if Pre "B" oder CZ75 "B", check out the Trausch grips, made in france.

I got mine on last wednesday and think they are really sweet.

The advantages of these grips are, that they are very slim and made of verry light material. According to the webpage, these should be the slimmest grips available for the CZ75.
The grips go up very high on the pistol frame, what means, that you can grip the pistol higher without running out of grip space.

You can get them at Trausch Grips
Here some pics of them.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-30-2009, 11:03 AM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 47 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 12

These are my HOGUE grips. They are just as tall, thinner, and have finger grooves.

c1b.jpg  

Old 08-30-2009, 11:36 AM   #3

The Hogues might be tall, but not as tall as the trausch ones.

You are right, that the Hogues have the finger grooves, but that is my problem with them. They make the grip deeper. So they have the similar effect as the Pachmayr sure grip panels. The Pachmayr make the grip thicker.

The nice thing about the CZ75 is allthough it has a double row magazine, the grip is kept slim, unlike the Beretta F92 oder a Sig 226.
The grip is therefor very nice for peoples with shorter/smaller hands.

For me and my hand size neither the Pachmayr nor the Hogues really felt comfortable. The Pachmayr, as mentioned above make the grip to thick and the Hogues make the grip to deep/long and that makes it a bit uncomfortable and unnatural to grip.
The Trausch have for me the exact right thicknes and don`t make the grip itself much larger, no matter in which direction, and that makes them different.

My post here is just a suggestion and is not intended to downgrade other grips. The Trausch grips are only a alternative, that only very few people use. Pachmayr, Hogue and Nill grips are the most widely spreaded grips for the CZ75 and can be found nearly on every CZ75. The TRausch make teh CZ75 a bit special, I think.

Old 08-30-2009, 02:53 PM   #4

henningshootsguns.com, Henning Wallgren, coverage with video-clips from shooting matches around the world, eaa witness, tanfoglio pistols information resource center, practical & tactical pistol and rifle parts and accessories shop

Check out Henning's custom CNC machined grips in Colors !

Real nice grips and accessories for the CZ's

Henning is a local competative shooter who knows his stuff.

Old 08-30-2009, 03:05 PM   #5

Not bad, but 120 $?

Yes, they look nice, but a bit expencive.

Old 08-30-2009, 04:51 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

kdog, what in the world did you do to that poor cz? Looks like its been through the dryer a few times,lol..

Old 08-30-2009, 05:18 PM   #7

I think this must be the 100 time I tell the history of my Pre "B".........

I bought this CZ75 from a gunsmith here in germany. He got a bunch of them from a private security company, that just kept them in theyr gun vault for a long time. They used to be carried by the guards and have hardly been used. Only carried in the crappy holsters they had.
Of course I also don`t know, what the previos user of the pistol has done to it.....main thing is, that it works.

Since the CZ75 I have, and the ones my friends bought aswell, are the so called "Tropen Ausführung" (painted version) the paint likes to chip off, when carried in holsters (depending on the holster used).

Here in germany, it often was the case, that the guards only used the company stuff like holsters, and the company wanted to save miney, so they bought cheap ones.
Therfore the paintjob on my CZ75 is a bit chipped off.
At some pint in time, we have planned to fully strip then down, sandblast them and the reblue them correctly.
We just haven`t had the time yet to do it.

Old 11-11-2009, 02:19 AM   #8

Good info, kdog. I enjoy looking at and reading about CZ variants. They seem endless!

I have the "painted" version as well (1987 manufacture date). Only one chip so far. I made the mistake of attaching it to a bed frame magnet without protection. Damn it.

Nice post.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:18 AM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I installed the same hogue grips as Mark for $15. So nice!!

Old 11-11-2009, 11:27 AM   #10
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 47 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I am not overly picky about grips, as long as I can comfortably hold my weapon and shoot it accurately. I have Hogue's on all my handguns except my P345 Ruger & P3AT Kel Tec.