CZ 75 Opinions Wanted - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > CZ 75 Opinions Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 02:24 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Default Browning esk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franciscomv View Post
Congratulations! A CZ75 with no decocker is a fantastic weapon.
I was surprised, thought the 1911 and Hi Power were the only "locked n cocked" semi auto...

Learn something new every day

Old 03-11-2010, 03:04 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Does your CZ75 have a "half cocked" feature? My CZ 40B has the safety for "cocked and locked", safety off for double action first shot, or half cock for the first shot. The half cock shortens and lightens the double action trigger pull of the first shot. Pretty neat. It was a feature that I discovered by accident. Hope yours works as well.

Dave

Old 03-11-2010, 04:25 AM   #23

Default Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgray64 View Post
Does your CZ75 have a "half cocked" feature? My CZ 40B has the safety for "cocked and locked", safety off for double action first shot, or half cock for the first shot. The half cock shortens and lightens the double action trigger pull of the first shot. Pretty neat. It was a feature that I discovered by accident. Hope yours works as well.

Dave
Yes it has the half cock. Discovered that when I broke it down for initial clean. I'll fire it for the first time this Sunday and planed on checking out that feature but I'm not sure why it's a benificial

If it's safe to carry fully cocked w/safety engaged, why would I carry it half cocked w/out the safety engaged? Looks like a solution in search of a problem to me...
I'd rather just go cocked and know that if I miss...follow up shots with have the same trigger pull/length.

Old 03-11-2010, 05:15 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I really liked the C & L feature.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-11-2010, 01:14 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The only problem with the cocked and locked position is in these uncertain times you have to evaluate every threat. That takes a few seconds (depending on your age of course), so with cocked and locked you wipe the safety...or you miss the safety and fumble for it and maybe shoot too quickly. With the half cocked feature, you have a double action time to evaluate, but it's a light double action so the gun stays on target...and hopefully, no mistakes are made. Enjoy your CZ.

Dave

Old 03-12-2010, 04:25 AM   #26

Quote:
The only problem with the cocked and locked position is in these uncertain times you have to evaluate every threat. That takes a few seconds (depending on your age of course), so with cocked and locked you wipe the safety...or you miss the safety and fumble for it and maybe shoot too quickly. With the half cocked feature, you have a double action time to evaluate, but it's a light double action so the gun stays on target...and hopefully, no mistakes are made. Enjoy your CZ.

Dave
Thanks, I'm sure I will enjoy it. Won't know if it will join my stable of carry guns until after a considerable amount of range time...
And on the DA/SA thing, carried mostly 1911's for 12 years and train to keep away from the trigger unless I'd already made the decision to fire.
It takes no time to go from the trigger guard to trigger and fire accurately with a crisp single action. I keep seeing and hearing about LEO AD's while holding suspects at gun point and have to wonder why they were on the trigger in the first place?
This is a basic flaw in LEO training. Under stress the body dumps adrenelin into the blood stream which reduces capilary blood flow. The effect is reduced sensations in the extremeties, especially the finger tips. High stress, finger on trigger, train to partial trigger pull = BANG, gee, the damn thing just went off...

Quote:
Only two ways to fire a weapon son, Intentionally or Negligently...
Drill Sergeant Christenson
Sand Hill
Ft. Benning GA

Damn that guy was intimidating!

Old 03-12-2010, 11:06 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

That was a great description of what happens! Enjoy your gun. I looked at an EAA Witness .45 today at a pawn shop. Heavy and solid with the same controls as a CZ. I'm considering it. It's a double action/single action with the half-cock feature as well.

Dave

Old 03-13-2010, 04:59 PM   #28

Default EAA's

Quote:
That was a great description of what happens! Enjoy your gun. I looked at an EAA Witness .45 today at a pawn shop. Heavy and solid with the same controls as a CZ. I'm considering it. It's a double action/single action with the half-cock feature as well.

Dave
Those caught my eye in the adds, look a lot like the CZ's and I'm wondering how similar they are...

The ones I've seen look like high end upgraded CZ's, like comparing a Colt 1911 to a Less Baer Custom.

If you get it, let me know how similar it is to your CZ.

Old 03-13-2010, 08:37 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I went back today and fondled it a little more. It has a little more wear than I remembered. It was in nice shape, but I don't know how often it was cleaned. Bore was OK. It's just like my CZ as far as controls and the way it's constructed. The shape is a little different as the 40B was supposed to be close to a 1911 in design except with the double action. It was very comfortable in my hand and pointed well. It was the all steel, Witness compact so that it was probably an inch shorter than the full size. The problem today was the price. I told him what I thought was fair and he was a good deal higher. He wanted $385 today, while I can buy a new one from Buds Gun Shop for $422. Sorry, couldn't buy it, but now I know that I will look for one.

Dave

Old 03-14-2010, 04:22 AM   #30

I love my CZ75B!

It fits my hand perfectly and points naturally for me. I was shooting with a friend and I let him shoot the CZ. I liked the gun, but hadn't been very accurate with it. Was it the gun or me? I learned the answer quickly. He put 10 rounds down range at 10 yards and every hole in the target touched another hole. Yep, the lack of accuracy was me, not the CZ.

I have since improved my shooting and can appreciate what a fine shooter the CZ really is. The trigger is a touch gritty, and I may have a gunsmith fix that up if I ever want to do IDPA or other competition.

Enjoy Your CZ Safely,
Ron