CZ 75 Opinions Wanted
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > CZ 75 Opinions Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2010, 08:40 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4784 Times on 2313 Posts
Likes Given: 1473

Default CZ 75 Opinions Wanted

I've been looking at a CZ 75 9mm at my local gun shop. I'm an auto pistol enthusist and own SA Autos, SA/DA Autos, and even a couple striker fired guns. All of my autos are .45 ACP or .40 so I'm thinking of adding 9mm to cut down on ammo costs. I've narrowed my possibles down to:
Baretta 92
Browing Hi Power or
CZ 75

I'm very familiar with both the 92 and the Hi Power and like them both but the lines on the CZ 75 keep pulling me back to it. I've never shot one but heard that in Europe the CZ 75 is as Iconic and legendary as the 1911 is over here.

Would appreciate feedback on reliabilty & accuracy from anyone who's owned a CZ 75.

Thanks!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-06-2010, 10:24 AM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Just throw in my very small .2c here - I'll leave someone far more knowledgable (wouldn't be difficult lol) to enlighten you on the specifics of the 75 model, but have you shot any other CZs?

I've had a go of the SP-01 shadow, and up against the HK USP I usually use, more than doubled my score in a particular competition! The all-steel frame wasn't kind on my puny wrists compared to the polymers, but the accuracy was sweet.

OK, those that actually know something can weigh in now

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 03-06-2010, 01:48 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I don't have much to say about the CZ75B.

Old 03-06-2010, 06:19 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I've had both the Hi Power and the CZ 75B. Both are excellent firearms. The HP is a classic and the CZ is stout and dependable. The CZ has slightly more capacity. The HP is slimmer and was designed by John Browning. It is also a timeless design aesthetically.

I loved both pistols, but favored the HP just because I loved it more. It was dependable and very accurate and just pointed very accurately and naturally for me. It just had something special about it.

The CZ didn't get shot as much because it was just boring. Boringly accurate and boringly dependable. It's an excellent pistol. It also has excellent grip ergonomics.

I guess it depends on what you reall love in a pistol. You won't go wrong with either.

I never even considered the Beretta 9mm. Too big for what it shoots and not my kind of handgun just for personal reasons.

Good luck.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-06-2010, 06:33 PM   #5

Liked 4784 Times on 2313 Posts
Likes Given: 1473

Default Great Feedback!

Appreciate the responses, target post was awsome and that photo of the Stainless CZ is the exact gun I'm looking at. I'm in Washington State and my dealer is asking $639.00 for his SS CZ75B, comes w/two mags and 3 dot green sights but I don't think there night sights.

Do you owners think that's a fair price?

Thanks again

Old 03-06-2010, 08:59 PM   #6

As far as price goes, I always check Bud'sgunshop.com. They are just about the lowest prices on the net on guns. They even ship for free.
I personally am paying attention to this thread because, after hearing nothing but good about the CZ75, I went to a local gunshop and handled one. It feels great in my hand. It is on my wish list.

"My thinker must be broken"

Last edited by jimbobpissypants; 03-06-2010 at 09:00 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 03-06-2010, 09:35 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5646 Times on 2952 Posts
Likes Given: 372

berreta 92 isnt even in the same league with the browning or CZ. the cz75 is a very high quality handgun as is the browning. the CZ is probably the better of the two. i own a CZ97BD and its a superb handgun which is just a sized up version of the cz75.

my opinion CZ75 wins.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:22 AM   #8

Since I picked up my first cZ 75 some 25 years ago, I have become a firm fan. Since then I have acquired several more and have never had a problem with any of them. I do like my HPs as well and the HP is a classic. However, if it came down to a choice between the two, I would go with the cS.

Old 03-07-2010, 04:16 AM   #9

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Appreciate the responses, target post was awsome and that photo of the Stainless CZ is the exact gun I'm looking at. I'm in Washington State and my dealer is asking $639.00 for his SS CZ75B, comes w/two mags and 3 dot green sights but I don't think there night sights.

Do you owners think that's a fair price?

Thanks again
Thanks!

Good price for a stainless. Mine is the less expensive Satin Stainless.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:58 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 244 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 30

The CZ 75 is heavy and somewhat plain. Those are about the only knocks you'll ever hear about it. They're affordable, reliable, and extremely accurate. I prefer my 75b to my Sig 226, and the CZ cost half as much. BHPs are also very cool. When it comes to (non-poly) 9mm, I've seen a bevy of people tout these two as #1 (BHP) and #1A (CZ75).

In my opinion the 92 isn't in the same class.