CZ ~52 My father left me one.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > CZ ~52 My father left me one.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2011, 12:21 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Default CZ ~52 My father left me one.

I thought it was just an old eastern block military surplus pistol. I was right, and I was WRONG. This gun is truly a hoot to shoot. I have enjoyed that gun as much as any other I've owned. No it's not ccw type of gun, but I would have no worries if that was what I had in my hand if something were to go down.
Everytime my Son and his friends come shooting with me, there is a large varity to choose from. The CZ~52 is the one gun everyone wants a turn with. At around 12 cents a shot, live it up. The 7.62x25 is a great little round. Most surplus ammo seems to be around 1500 fps. If I had a knock on it, it would be the mag release. But it is what it is, an old eastern block surplus military pistol. FUN TO SHOOT. Thanks Daddy.

NEVER FORGET

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-08-2011, 12:31 AM   #2

Liked 2180 Times on 1471 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Had one- Like it-
VERY depenable & accurate
BUT DAM it was loud

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 12-08-2011, 12:50 AM   #3

Yes, very load. I would sure like to find a carbine that shot the 7.62x25. I've read about conversions with alot of problems.

I was reading the thread about the philipino 45s. Thank you sir for your service. Sorry it took so long for your generation to be apprecitated. At least the ones who served our country. Seems like the ones who stayed and protested are in power. And now their spawn are occuping wall street and such.

NEVER FORGET

Old 12-08-2011, 01:08 AM   #4

Liked 2180 Times on 1471 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Yes, very load. I would sure like to find a carbine that shot the 7.62x25. I've read about conversions with alot of problems.

I was reading the thread about the philipino 45s. Thank you sir for your service. Sorry it took so long for your generation to be apprecitated. At least the ones who served our country. Seems like the ones who stayed and protested are in power. And now their spawn are occuping wall street and such.
Thanks & your most welcome
I sadly agree about the "powers" these days

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 12-08-2011, 02:12 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 248 Times on 195 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
I would sure like to find a carbine that shot the 7.62x25. I've read about conversions with alot of problems.
STERLING 7.62x25 RIFLE...ITEM # STERLING-2........$399.99

Scroll down to the bottom of the page on the link above. No idea about the quality. But anyway, they're out there.

Old 12-08-2011, 02:46 AM   #6

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts

CZ has never been on my all time greatest manufactures list. Just personal preference they are great quality for the money.

But I love that round. Very potent, accurate & interchangeable with a lot of surplus rifles on the market for reasonable money.
A real win,win with little to no down side.

Old 12-08-2011, 04:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22

STERLING 7.62x25 RIFLE...ITEM # STERLING-2........$399.99

Scroll down to the bottom of the page on the link above. No idea about the quality. But anyway, they're out there.
Thanks sweeper, there looked like some good deals on saiga guns also.

NEVER FORGET

Old 12-08-2011, 06:38 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellmaster207 View Post
But I love that round. Very potent, accurate & interchangeable with a lot of surplus rifles on the market for reasonable money.
A real win,win with little to no down side.
Really? I wouldnt mind a rifle to go with my cz52; what models do you know of that use 7.62x25mm? I have seen the little sterling, which is neat, but it seems more like a pistol with a big magazine and a 16" barrel, similar to the inexpensive PPSH Classicarms sells. A real milsurp rifle in 7.62x25mm would be interesting.

OP, you should check out the yugo md57 or the other TT33 "tokarev" variants.

The cheap surplus ammo in this size has been harder to find online lately, except for some Bulgarian stuff at classicarms. I'm hoping it comes back; czechpoint has some cz52's that are supposed to be unissued. Mine has some miles on it.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:05 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello
Really? I wouldnt mind a rifle to go with my cz52; what models do you know of that use 7.62x25mm? I have seen the little sterling, which is neat, but it seems more like a pistol with a big magazine and a 16" barrel, similar to the inexpensive PPSH Classicarms sells. A real milsurp rifle in 7.62x25mm would be interesting.

OP, you should check out the yugo md57 or the other TT33 "tokarev" variants.

The cheap surplus ammo in this size has been harder to find online lately, except for some Bulgarian stuff at classicarms. I'm hoping it comes back; czechpoint has some cz52's that are supposed to be unissued. Mine has some miles on it.
The one my Father left me is one that was gone thru and parkerized according to an online article I read years back. I have had some issues with surplus ammo, but that was 50s Bulgarian stuff. Had good luck with the Hungarian 80s surplus. Hot stuff!!

NEVER FORGET