Is customer service a decision factor?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Is customer service a decision factor?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2010, 07:40 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Is customer service a decision factor?

As a lot of you may or may not know that i like glocks. I havent purchased mine yet but, its in the process. Anyway, i wanna sidekick to go with my glock so, ive been studying the sig sauer. The one deterent is that i hear customer service sucks Me personally, i cant see paying $800 bucks and get horrible service if i need it. What you guys think?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-29-2010, 07:50 PM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2867 Times on 1657 Posts
Likes Given: 1235

Have you thought of getting another Glock. There is a lot that can be said of purchasing the same type of firearm. Controls, mags, etc may interchange.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 08-29-2010, 08:02 PM   #3

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

While I don't own a Sig yet, I can tell you that in the year and a half that I've worked for a gunsmith (and also in his store) I've only seen one Sig come in for repair.
Sig Sauer is a excellent firearm, I wouldn't worry too much about the customer service.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:10 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_lee View Post
While I don't own a Sig yet, I can tell you that in the year and a half that I've worked for a gunsmith (and also in his store) I've only seen one Sig come in for repair.
Sig Sauer is a excellent firearm, I wouldn't worry too much about the customer service.
Must have been my P250. I loved that gun, everything was right about it, except the fact that I had a FTE about every 5 rounds....

I tried everything, except sending it back to SIG as I lived in Chile at that point in time, but the thing just didn't want to extract properly. Eventually I got rid of it.... ohhh yeah and I paid some 1200 USD for it....

I'd say a gun worth that much should shoot flawlessly straight out of the box...so customer service,.. I dunno,...

****** "Shoot him again - His soul is still dancing" ******

Old 08-29-2010, 09:53 PM   #5

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I own two Sigs. I've never really needed customer service personally so I can't say much about it. I did email though asking about a specific weapon and they got back to me in a day or so answering my question in a friendly manner.
I've known a couple people on other boards back when that had sent a weapon in and while it was a littlelong in waiting the weapon come back fixed.

It's hard to beat a Sig Sauer pistol. They really live up to the "To hell and back reliability" thing. I bought a 226 for my daughter and she would fight me if I tried to take it back from her. For me if it's not a 1911 it is a Sig. You cvan get a CPO Sig around 450-500 bucks. I still see a lot of P6 models at gun shows.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 08-30-2010, 12:31 PM   #6

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB44 View Post
Must have been my P250. I loved that gun, everything was right about it, except the fact that I had a FTE about every 5 rounds....
I really don't consider the 250 as a Sig. The classic P series alloy frame guns are as solid & reliable as anything ever made. Whether Sigs service is good or not is kind of moot as these guns just run forever. While the sticker prices are high, good used Sigs are out there at very reasonable prices. About 6 months ago, I picked up a two-tone 229 in .40, with a .357 Sig barrel, 3 mags, and night sights for $500...

Old 08-31-2010, 02:04 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
I really don't consider the 250 as a Sig...
Hmm, my came in a Blue box that said SIGSAUER, it had the SIG logo on the slide and the frame,... I'd say its a SIG, .....but yeah then again it wasn't as reliable as a SIG claim they should be. I'd say the best out there is the P210....but I am not sure how the service would be for that one....

****** "Shoot him again - His soul is still dancing" ******

Old 08-31-2010, 06:19 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 244 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
I really don't consider the 250 as a Sig. The classic P series alloy frame guns are as solid & reliable as anything ever made. Whether Sigs service is good or not is kind of moot as these guns just run forever. While the sticker prices are high, good used Sigs are out there at very reasonable prices. About 6 months ago, I picked up a two-tone 229 in .40, with a .357 Sig barrel, 3 mags, and night sights for $500...
With the deals I've seen, buying a Sig seems a bit like buying a Cadillac: buy like new/used, or you'll take it in the shorts when you part with it.

Resale value isn't a major concern for everyone, but it's worth considering with a Sig. If you're determined to buy new, it might be worth waiting around until a local dealer is liquidating to bring in the new year's models.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:15 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I've only had to send one Sig back for work. An insert came out of the sight. Sig fixed it right away, but I had to pay the $50 return shipping. Smith & Wesson will pay the shipping both ways and their turn around time is usually good. For Glock service, I just go up the road to their plant outside Atlanta. They will repair your gun while you wait. Service is important, but I wouldn't let that be a major factor in my decision.

There is in life perhaps one fleeting moment when the courage, dedication and resolve of one man gambling against all odds will alter the destiny of nations.

Old 09-01-2010, 04:26 PM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5641 Times on 2948 Posts
Likes Given: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanDJ77 View Post
As a lot of you may or may not know that i like glocks. I havent purchased mine yet but, its in the process. Anyway, i wanna sidekick to go with my glock so, ive been studying the sig sauer. The one deterent is that i hear customer service sucks Me personally, i cant see paying $800 bucks and get horrible service if i need it. What you guys think?
customer service is a very big thing with me. terrible customer service is why i will never buy another kimber product. got a 1911 22 conversion from them. i ordered a blued one the box was marked blued version but it was stainless. they refused to exchange it. its a nice kit but its also the last time i will deal with kimber.