Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Custom made handgun (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/custom-made-handgun-27474/)

trandro09 05-23-2010 10:07 AM

Custom made handgun

So i am currentlly deployed to Afghanistan, I have been here about 10 months now. Well its close to the end of my tour here and I am trying to see if any one knows about any gun makers that make custom handguns to I guess you would say comemerat our deployment. We are basiclly looking to get a .45 cal pistol and some engraving done on it and maybe either painted tan, od green of just left black. Has any one heard of companies doing these????? any info would be use full.

danf_fl 05-23-2010 10:20 AM

Thanks for your service. I thought that Kimber had a commemorative for the Afghan campaign. Check their website.

canebrake 05-23-2010 07:35 PM

Here are some of the finest pistolsmiths in the world:

My style favors Ted Yost but take a look at any one of these guys.

Actions speak LOUDER THAN WORDS

Take a look at on of my favorites, Chuck Rogers.

Scroll down to the 'Sandbox' Model for an example of his work.

ROGERS PRECISION

Gun slide, grips, small cylinder and receiver engraving

SWCC1979 05-23-2010 08:13 PM

Wilson Combat.Check out there website.

Shihan 05-23-2010 09:52 PM

I know a group of guys that had some custom work done from Para-Ordinance on a few very nice 1911's.
That looked really good had the Dark Earth and OD Green colors. and their Unit engraved.
Very nicely done.
I can find out more about it if you would like me to. Just shoot me a PM. The shop they ordered them from is here in Wilmington, NC not too far from Fayettenam.
Thanks for your Service.

michigan0626 05-24-2010 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake (Post 289213)
Here are some of the finest pistolsmiths in the world:

My style favors Ted Yost but take a look at any one of these guys.

Actions speak LOUDER THAN WORDS

Take a look at on of my favorites, Chuck Rogers.

Scroll down to the 'Sandbox' Model for an example of his work.

ROGERS PRECISION

Gun slide, grips, small cylinder and receiver engraving

Looked at Rogers' website, those customs look interesting. Not the prettiest 1911's, Ive just never seen them look like that. Whats up with those grooves cut out of the slide.

canebrake 05-24-2010 04:27 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by michigan0626 (Post 289481)
Looked at Rogers' website, those customs look interesting. Not the prettiest 1911's, Ive just never seen them look like that. Whats up with those grooves cut out of the slide.

It's called slide lightning. The practical application is on race guns. The lighter the slide, the faster the cycle times. The look transfers well to custom work.

CA357 05-24-2010 04:30 AM

You may also want to check out the Colt website. They've made quite a few commemorative 1911's. Thank you for your service and safe home.

jca1 05-25-2010 12:36 AM

Chuck Rogers is a freakin' Artist. He does some amazing work!