Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Custom gun parts help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2008, 04:36 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Custom gun parts help.

Hi can anyone tell me what this gun from the movie "wanted" is? and specify parts that they used to make it?..and what's the name of that thing sticking out of the front of the gun with holes in it? i need to know please. thank you. and if anyone knows...how much would it cost to get a custom one made exactly like that and where?
thankss.

1911.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-16-2008, 05:32 AM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Well, the weapon is a base 1911 model. It's called a Matchmaster and is believed to be constructed by Safari Arms. It appears to have an extended 10 round magazine. The "thing sticking out of the front of the gun with holes in it" is called a muzzle break, and the one on the weapon isn't that impressive from a construction standpoint, but reports have it made of titanium, which would be completely ridiculous from a cost versus effect stand point, but whatever floats your boat.

There is on line speculation that the weapon is 10mm, and not .45 ACP, as would be the norm.

The custom engraving is done to match the tattoos on Jolie's character's body. If you look at the hold of the weapon in Jolie's left hand, you will see that the tattoo's match up with the engraving on the pistol. Never mind the fact that there is no LH safety on the weapon in question.

All in all, I appreciate the fact that they gave my girl a 1911, but I would have chosen a much better model for her.

JD

Old 08-16-2008, 05:24 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

That thing looks like 20 pounds of **** stuffed into 5 pound sack.

If you're interested in building one though, there are several really good engravers and laser etching folks that hang out here that would be able to do the cosmetic work for you. There are a couple companies that make 1911 barrel bushings that have compensators/muzzle breaks on them. 10 round mags are easy to come by also.

http://www.dcengraving.com/
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/GNS091-1.html
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/48174-36.html

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 08-16-2008, 05:25 PM   #4

cool thanks a lot. anyone else got something to say that could also help me? thanks.