Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Curiosity got the best of me. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/curiosity-got-best-me-57508/)

jordan89 02-11-2012 09:00 PM

Curiosity got the best of me.

1 Attachment(s)
Well for sometime now I have been reading about Hi-Point. Some people hate them some love them.

So I went to the pawn shop today for my weekly trip. I was taking in some video games and electronics I never use. I saw that they had a New Hi-Point JHP in 45 ACP. So I traded everything I brought in for it.

As soon as the snow clears I will make a range report.

One thing I noticed so far is that it was hard to chamber a round. I thought at first this was caused by the magazine not seating properly. There was a small gap between the magazine extension and the mag well. And there was a rattling sound coming from the mag well. I oiled the inners a little and it seems to be getting better...time will tell.

Hopefully I can get to the range soon!

Attachment 39125

HOSSFLY 02-11-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordan89 (Post 705726)
Well for sometime now I have been reading about Hi-Point. Some people hate them some love them.

So I went to the pawn shop today for my weekly trip. I was taking in some video games and electronics I never use. I saw that they had a New Hi-Point JHP in 45 ACP. So I traded everything I brought in for it.

As soon as the snow clears I will make a range report.

Quote:

One thing I noticed so far is that it was hard to chamber a round.
I thought at first this was caused by the magazine not seating properly. There was a small gap between the magazine extension and the mag well. And there was a rattling sound coming from the mag well. I oiled the inners a little and it seems to be getting better...time will tell.

Hopefully I can get to the range soon!

Attachment 39125

If you were a perfectly good highly respected 45acp rd would YOU want to go into that chamber :confused:
:p Good luck with it ----

jordan89 02-11-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY

If you were a perfectly good highly respected 45acp rd would YOU want to go into that chamber :confused:
:p Good luck with it ----

Lol. I'd rather go into a sexy 1911.

I mainly just bought this gun just to see how it functions. This will not be a carry piece or my main home defense gun. Im a firm believer not to judge something til you try it. Haha

HOSSFLY 02-11-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordan89 (Post 705752)
Lol. I'd rather go into a sexy 1911.

I mainly just bought this gun just to see how it functions. This will not be a carry piece or my main home defense gun. Im a firm believer not to judge something til you try it. Haha

Understand- I would not say i've not been tempted to buy one myself for a "truck gun" :)

Ranger-6 02-11-2012 10:34 PM

The rattling sound coming from the mag well is the counter-weight. Disassemble the gun and grease and oil it really good, then go shoot'n. Take a 50 round box of Federal 230 gr. FMJ, and blast away.

jordan89 02-11-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranger-6
The rattling sound coming from the mag well is the counter-weight. Disassemble the gun and grease and oil it really good, then go shoot'n. Take a 50 round box of Federal 230 gr. FMJ, and blast away.

Cool! Thanks for the info.

Does anyone know if the make a magazine without that ugly extension on it?

HOSSFLY 02-11-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordan89 (Post 705789)

Hell, the thing is ugly all over anyways :p

Ranger-6 02-11-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordan89 (Post 705789)

I don't think so, the whole damn gun is ugly including the magazine. Someone posted that ProMag has Hi-Point .45 magazines, but I only use stock stuff.

winds-of-change 02-11-2012 11:56 PM

What the heck. Have fun with it. If you don't like it just bring it back to the pawn shop.

JonM 02-12-2012 12:21 AM

if their 45acp carbine had 20-30 round mags i would get one.