Cross eyed

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Cross eyed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 06:04 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Cross eyed

Can any one here tell me that if your right handed and left eye dominate do you shoot left handed or do you site with both eyes. I once owned a nine shot rev. with a nine inch barrel, I lost the rear site but continued to shoot on a daily basis. Maybe 5 k + rounds. Got to the point where I didnt aim, just point and shoot. Snakes never new what hittem. My son's right handed and left eye dom. Found out this while in the U.S.M Corps. So how many new comers to the pistola range can't hit a target from only fifteen feet away. Could be they got the wrong eye closed. Wills in da swamp in La. One shot One kill..........

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-02-2010, 06:55 AM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Right eye dominate, sight (pistol) both eyes open. Works for me!

Thank your son for his service to country. My son, USMC 2000 - 2005.

People get the government they deserve.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:12 AM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Left-handed, right eye dominant here. Try as best I can to keep both eyes open shooting pistol...maybe my left still closes slightly involuntarily. Although you can always move your arms a bit over from dead-centre to compensate I think.

Only been shooting since last May (and not nearly as often as I would if it were legally possible here) so I don't get the number of rounds downrange that I'd prefer. Rifle, on the other hand is a completely different animal - I have had to learn to shoot right-handed right from the start.

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 03-02-2010, 02:05 PM   #4

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I am left-handed and severly right-eye dominant. I shoot mostly lefty but practice with my right when shooting pistols with both eyes open. Long guns I've always shot right-handed.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!