Corrective Glasses

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Corrective Glasses

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2008, 10:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Corrective Glasses

I am curious about shooters with bi focals. I noticed recently that I can see the sights much better with the lower half but the target is out of focus. But with using top half the sights are a little less focused than I'd like.

How do others find this works out?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-26-2008, 11:55 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The key is focus on the front sight. A lot of competitive bullseye pistol shooters use lenses that are .50-.75 diopter stronger than their distance vision lenses.

Follow us on Facebook! facebook.com/worldbayonets

The bayonet cannot be abolished for the reason, if for no other, that it is the sole and exclusive embodiment of that willpower which, alone, both in war and everyday life, attains its object.—General M. I. Dragomirov

Old 05-31-2008, 12:04 AM   #3
JBB

I went to the range last weekend for the first time since I switched to Varilux lenses. I could see a much sharper sight picture than with my previous standard bi-focal lenses, and as a result had much better results on target.

Old 05-31-2008, 05:24 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have been happy with Varilux lenses too. It takes awhile to get used to them but now by cocking my head can get a sharp view of the front sight on both rifles and pistols. I now have photosensitive verilux lenses so I keep my glasses where I hardly ever lose them, on my nose.

Old 05-31-2008, 07:44 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

i wear contacts, but i have two pairs of glasses i wear shooting. i have a pair that are bifocal (which i did not notice when i bought), and a par that are refular lenses. personally, i see no difference between the two when shooting, although when i am reloading, the bifocals do make it more difficult for me to see depth. probably because i don't require bifocals, but to each his own. my step brother swears that the bifocals make it easier for him to reload, and he doesnt require corrective lenses, so go figure?

Old 05-31-2008, 12:54 PM   #6

Thanks for the info on the Varilux lenses. My tri-focals have to go.

Member GCO