You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

To complement my guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2008, 03:53 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3504 Times on 1614 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Are you kidding, I have met the man twice... and they show those videos non-stop at the SHOT show. They always have a live demostration as well.

You are telling 100% God's honest truth. Cardboard tubes, cardboard sentries and tameshigiri mats are no match for the might of Cold Steel. Not to mention hanging slabs of some very good meat. Whack, right through the ribs of a cow.

JD

Old 12-24-2008, 04:15 PM   #12

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts

Okay, so here's how we get rich. Cold Steel has a version of every blade from every corner of the world. There isn't a huge market for Finnish knives, but CS has a version just in case. Nobody but collectors knows that South Africa has a ring lock pocket knife, nobody but CS, that is.

What CS has ignored is the homemade prison knife industry. If we could sell Lynn on the "Shiv & Shank" line, we could soon have AUS 10 razors melted into toothbrush handles (Grivory toothbrush handles, that is), VG10 steel sharpened spoons, etc.

You're closer to him than me, pitch it, if he takes it, I'll take 5%.

Old 12-24-2008, 04:20 PM   #13

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3504 Times on 1614 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post

What CS has ignored is the homemade prison knife industry. If we could sell Lynn on the "Shiv & Shank" line, we could soon have AUS 10 razors melted into toothbrush handles (Grivory toothbrush handles, that is), VG10 steel sharpened spoons, etc.

You're closer to him than me, pitch it, if he takes it, I'll take 5%.
BRILLIANT!! That is the best new knife product idea EVA!!! That's just plain awesome outside the box ( cell ) thinking there Benning.... LOL

The hard rap style gangsta market alone is just ripe for the picking with this new line......

Old 12-24-2008, 04:27 PM   #14

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts

LOL, I can just see the video, him in his shorts, repeatedly poking a side of beep with a sharp spoon. Classic!

Old 12-25-2008, 12:43 AM   #15

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
That is one butt ugly knife you have there! But, I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of it... It appears to be very heavy duty!
So far, the only things that have been on the receiving end of it have been cheese and sausages. It's one of my tactical picnic blades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
Cold Steel.... the videos with Lynn Thompson are hilarious. If you're ever imprisoned in shipping tubes, with a cardboard sillohuette as a sentry, this is the manufacturer for you.
Cold Steel doesn't actually manufacture anything, they are a design and marketing company. Some of their best stuff (IMHO) was made Camillus before it went under. I've got a Carbon V Master Hunter and it's very good. Although I'm not a huge fan of rubber grips and plastic sheaths.

From my experience with CS, their less expensive and medium priced knives are the ones that have the best price/performance ratio. Their more expensive ones aren't as good as what some other companies have to offer.