colt gold cup trophy - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > colt gold cup trophy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2014, 02:27 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2182 Times on 1289 Posts
Likes Given: 474

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
That's something I am not sure about i haven't went to see it yet. I know at the clubs they are popular mostly older ones do you think the newer ones are better. As for keeping the 14/45 unfortunately here getting two firearms of the same calibre can be difficult but not impossible it has to go through the police and the question will be why do you need two handguns of the same calibre.
That would be the crappy part. You shouldn't need to justify a second gun in the same caliber. It makes sense to stick with a caliber. Also, if you already have one, how much more concerned should the local law enforcement be about you if you have a track record of responsibility? You are either a safe owner or you are not. If you were a public menace, you already have the tool they fear (illogically).

That is another one of the levels of government interference and stupidity we still need to prevent over here.

Old 04-27-2014, 02:39 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 411 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 127

Quote:
That would be the crappy part. You shouldn't need to justify a second gun in the same caliber. It makes sense to stick with a caliber. Also, if you already have one, how much more concerned should the local law enforcement be about you if you have a track record of responsibility? You are either a safe owner or you are not. If you were a public menace, you already have the tool they fear (illogically).
I agree not ideal but it is what it is here. The firearms law is need based, example I need a shotgun for shooting clays and vermin control. You could have a number of shotguns for different types of shooting. As for handguns I need a 9mm for certain competitions a .45 for large calibre competitions a .22 for small bore target shooting two revolvers for cowboy action shooting etc. There is no set limit on the number of firearms as long as you can come up for a reason for needing them.

Old 04-27-2014, 03:05 PM   #13

Liked 2182 Times on 1289 Posts
Likes Given: 474

I think you need a single stack .45, for restricted capacity competitions, and as a back-up to your double stack if it fails or needs a trip to the smiths shop.

Over here we have service pistol competitions that are restricted to the issued magazine configuration. The Para wouldn't be allowed because of the double stack.

Last edited by SSGN_Doc; 04-27-2014 at 03:07 PM.

Old 04-27-2014, 03:34 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1931 Times on 1338 Posts
Likes Given: 988

I think one full-size 1911 shooter is enough, the one you shoot best and can afford. Use your liquid funds to bring something new to the arsenal.

Old 05-13-2014, 08:06 AM   #15
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3159 Times on 2147 Posts
Likes Given: 684

If it's really important to you to have a Colt, then you should get it. I have two GC's and a Combat Commander. You can almost never go wrong with a Colt.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*