Colion Noir on 45 carriers - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Colion Noir on 45 carriers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2013, 10:39 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 175 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 177

I would defer to those whose very lives depend on an effective sidearm, such as the Marines, who are gravitating back to the .45 ACP. Must be a reason.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:27 PM   #12

Liked 464 Times on 299 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Guess this debate will never go away. If it's stopping power you want, carry a rifle. An AK with a folding stock or the AR "pistol" with no stock, just the recoil spring tube on a single point sling under your coat. Ammo capacity wouldn't be a problem either. Seriously, I've got both 45's and 9's, like them both, trust either/or with my life. MHO? If I can't stop the threat with a 9, I couldn't stop it with a 45 either. That's on me and my skills, not the rounds I'm putting down range.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #13

Liked 176 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackrich3
I would defer to those whose very lives depend on an effective sidearm, such as the Marines, who are gravitating back to the .45 ACP. Must be a reason.
*Serious Question* I'm not trying to start something. Are they going back to the 1911 platform or are they going back to the .45 ACP? The very few marines I've talked to all agreed their standard issue Baretta was a POS. I don't remember any of them saying anything bad about the 9mm, just that the pistol shooting it wasn't the best.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:32 PM   #14

Liked 464 Times on 299 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by improvised_prepper View Post
*Serious Question* I'm not trying to start something. Are they going back to the 1911 platform or are they going back to the .45 ACP? The very few marines I've talked to all agreed their standard issue Baretta was a POS. I don't remember any of them saying anything bad about the 9mm, just that the pistol shooting it wasn't the best.
It's true. The USMC is going back to the Colt 1911 in .45acp. I don't know it it's the whole Corps or just Force Recon initially. On a separate but related note, the Army renewed their contract with Beretta for 5 more years.