Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Cocking Pistol With One Hand?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2012, 07:05 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default What about a jig

I believe you can address the issue by always having a "partner" with you. It seems something along the lines of a boot jack could be beneficial. A smal but weighted wood or polymer frame that the pistol slips into in an upright position, would then allow you to rack the slide with one hand. Another thought would be to use less weigh but have it "catch" on the front of the range shelf or table. Good luck.

Ruger MkII, Westpoint .22, Taurus 44mag

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world,
those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:57 PM   #72
hgh

years ago I saw some attachments some guys in IPSC were using.
a crude description is take some angle aluminum and have a gunsmith attach it to the side of your slide, then you could rack it against the shooting bench/table. It would have to be not too heavy otherwise it might affect the gun going back into battery. Something like that should work . there are lots of ingenious smiths out there who would do neat job and probably not charge a fella too much. Rat Basterson SASS

Old 01-06-2014, 11:02 PM   #73
BBJ

Default slideequalizer

Hey Jeff, You should checkout slideequalizer .com they have a tool that might help you. From what I seen on there website this tool can be used on most semi automatic pistols with one hand or two and you do not have to modify your gun to use it.

Hey guys,

As some of you might know from my old threads about using only one hand i had another question that maybe you all could help me out with. I have revolvers and they are great guns but i would like to get into the sliding pistols as well just to be able to use more types of pistols but i cant think of a way that i could cock them only using one hand while still being safe while at the range. I tried to cock my brothers with one hand but it was to tough to get the slide all the way back. So if you all have any ideas that would be great!!

Thanks,
Jeff[/QUOTE]

Old 01-06-2014, 11:13 PM   #74
BBJ

For anyone out there that has a problem racking the slide back on a semi automatic pistol you should checkout this website slideequalizer.com I know for a fact this tool works because I got one for my wife because she had to have surgery on her right arm and wrist and lost most of her strength and couldn't rack the slide back on her 9mm beretta and now that she has the slideequalizer tool she can rack it with one hand.

Old 01-07-2014, 08:11 AM   #75

Liked 46 Times on 30 Posts

Is it at all possible to position your inmobile arm with your mobile hand? If so, then I would try to rack it off your forearm or similar. Like hold your left hand in your right armpit and grab the slide with your right hand in an over the top grasp and rack it off your forearm bone. Might work.. im trying to help as much as possible.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Firearms Talk mobile app

spit hell fire

Old 01-07-2014, 10:52 AM   #76
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2655 Times on 1548 Posts
Likes Given: 1178

And let's drag up an old thread.

It would be better to start a new one.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 01-07-2014, 11:08 AM   #77

Liked 225 Times on 140 Posts

Default Cocking Pistol With One Hand?

My dan Wesson VBOB came with heinie ledge sights, they had a flat shelf profile in the front behind the beavertail to assist in charging the slide one handed.

I tried it with an empty gun a few times, it worked great on anything that was halfway solid,tables,door frames and trim,even a solid gun belt would do the trick (admittedly this last one could be dangerous if not practiced in proper firearms handling)

Old 01-07-2014, 11:42 AM   #78
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2195 Times on 1215 Posts
Likes Given: 280

I've had to rack rounds into the chamber with the rear sight of my Glock and the corner of the pocket of my uniform pants before. Wasn't an issue.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Old 01-07-2014, 11:49 AM   #79
+ TRES VERBO DICTUM +
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1616 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 1305

To me it looks like you need TWO hands to put the SlideEqualizer on the pistol. The is a video displaying ONE handed racking with a Claw rear sight:

http://youtu.be/pYH75q2gFdE
If the link doesn't work, Google: PDN Claw Emergency Manipulation Sight

I have a RMR red dot on my 9 and have racked one handed.

Balota Likes This 
Old 01-07-2014, 12:24 PM   #80

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Anyone remember what country's special forces made the push through holster that racked the slide? I can't remember.
This seems to do what you asked. I didn't watch the entire video (on limited data plan) and I don't know the mfg but I'm sure you can find it.

On edit - did just find this: It's known as the EFA-2 found here - might be gun specific:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b6e_1357090174

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!