Cocking Pistol With One Hand? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Cocking Pistol With One Hand?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 08:36 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsnakehouse
Good things to think about!!. I do have revolvers already, they are fun to shoot and are great guns but i just would like to not be limited to just those!

I was just looking and i found a company called MasterPeace Arms and they make semi-auto with a side cocker i would call it on the side that i think might work. But definently not a concealed carry gun, but that really isnt what i am looking for right now.

https://www.masterpiecearms.com/proddetail.php?prod=MPA30SST

Again, thank you guys!!
Jeff
Looks like a side cocking Mac-11. Hoot to shoot, not terably accurite. Tec-9, or knock off, would work as well?

Old 06-05-2012, 08:45 PM   #22

Liked 40 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 50

I am not sure of how to design it but maybe some sort of bracket that would clamp to the bench? It would take some thinking to design it but I would imagine it being something that would "hold" the slide stationary (potentially hooking onto the sight if it is sturdy enough) and then you push the gun forward to cock it. Not sure how well it would work but it is the first thing that popped into m head.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:07 PM   #23

Liked 2186 Times on 1289 Posts
Likes Given: 474

Had a Staff Sergeant teach us a few ways to keep an auto loader in a fight.

Hooking the rear sight on a belt edge or tip of a boot sole's dress edge. To reload we would turn the pistol butt forward and tuck it in the belt to change mags. If the slide was locked to the rear at that point then you could pull the slide back in the same manner to get the pistol recharged or you could use teh slide release. This method works with pistols with exposed hammers or with striker fired pistols. You do however need to be cautious and very muzzle aware. If you shoot where there are tables , benches or counters, you could invert the pistol and charge with the muzzle pointing down range and hook teh sight on the table or bench edge and drive the frame forward.

You do need to have a sturdy rear sight for this method and it has to have enough of a shelved face on it to get good purchase on the lip of whatever you are using for charging it. Novak and low snag sights do not work well for this method.

Another option is to have a gunsmith install a charging handle in a dovetail on your slide. Some competition pistols run a type of charging handle in place of the rear sight, when red dot optics are used. Or there is this version that attaches at the rear of a Glock slide:
http://www.amazon.com/ATI-Tactical-Reloading-Cocking-Charging/dp/B004KM04WI

Old 06-06-2012, 08:35 AM   #24
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2869 Times on 1657 Posts
Likes Given: 1235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tell_Sackett View Post
I am not sure of how to design it but maybe some sort of bracket that would clamp to the bench? It would take some thinking to design it but I would imagine it being something that would "hold" the slide stationary (potentially hooking onto the sight if it is sturdy enough) and then you push the gun forward to cock it. Not sure how well it would work but it is the first thing that popped into m head.
IIRC, The NRA rag had something like that a loooonnnnggg time ago, but it had the shooter pushing the 1911 nose down. It was a "channel" made of wood that did not fasten to the bench. Long enough to do the job, but not too long that it could not be kept in the range bag.

The "channel" interior was just enough to clear the barrel, but not the slide.

The creator kept it by his SD setup in the house and could rack the slide in a moment's notice. When carrying, he already was cocked and locked.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 06-06-2012, 12:35 PM   #25

wow guys!! you all have given me so much awsome info, that is why i come here to ask questions such as this!! I will take into consideration all these ideas and come up with the one the suites me best!!

Thanks again!!
Jeff

Old 06-06-2012, 01:11 PM   #26
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Feel free to pay back the favor by becoming a supporting member.
There are benefits well worth the cost of admission.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:54 PM   #27

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Grip tape enables you to rack off anything, including skin if desperate. I put it on ALL of my pistols, no exceptions. If you take some CQB or Street Defense courses they will teach you also. The most common and reliable way is your boot, especially with the tape.

This is my main EDC. It is an abused Glock 19 with more than 50,000 rounds. This tape has been there most of it's life and still grips great.

2012-01-19-00.07.09.jpg   g19c.jpg  

Old 06-06-2012, 02:36 PM   #28

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Several visual aids attached for your viewing pleasure...hope this helps!!

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=one+handed+slide+rack&oq=one+ handed+sli&aq=0&aqi=g1&aql=&gs_l=youtube.1.0.0.246 .4885.0.8534.7.7.0.0.0.0.428.1972.2-5j0j2.7.0...0.0.lfPo5QLlYgk

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 06-06-2012, 03:30 PM   #29

Great idea with the grip tape Nutinfuts29!! also i am at work and can not watch youtube videos here but will definently check them outr when i get home!!

Thanks!!
Jeff

Old 06-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #30

Liked 1096 Times on 656 Posts
Likes Given: 55

I really like all the youtube videos, very interesting!! Nukinfuts, what kind of grip tape do you use?